Thread: Missing Executable error with R.I.P.D.: The Game

Missing Executable error with R.I.P.D.: The Game

Since this game was only for $10 so I thought of buying it anyways from the Steam Store. Now, after installing R.I.P.D.: The Game on my pc and clicking on play button, it will give me error message that states "Missing Executable". I restarted Steam, reinstalled the game again but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Missing Executable error with R.I.P.D.: The Game

Have you done the usual thing, liek veryfying the Game Cache Files. To do this, first close the Steam page and exit it. After that right click on the shortcut that you use to launch Steam and then select Run As admin. After that launch Steam again and then go to Library section and then right click on the game and choose Properties from the menu. After that choose the local files tab and then click the button called "Verify integrity of game cache". After some time, the check window will exit automatically and then try to launch the game again.

Well, can you try to restart Steam and then check to launch the game once again? It could be possible that some files of the games are still not downloaded on your machine or Steam might be thinking that the game is still unreleased or so. Just try to redownload the whole game again and then try to launch the game and see if that works for you.

The error that you are getting is because of the improper download of necessary game files. You will need to start a small download of the missing content. So, to do that completely exit Steam and then go to the Steam installation folder which is generally in C:\Program Files\Steam. After that delete the 'appcache' folder. Now try to restart your pc and then launch the game via Steam and see if the game is launching properly or not.