Thread: Civilization V: Brave New World crashes and stops responding

Civilization V: Brave New World crashes and stops responding

I have installed the new extension of Brave New World of Civilization V game in my pc and it was working great. But after sometime it is crashing on my pc. No matter on whatever autosave game I am trying to load, it will simply crash and give the Windows error message that "a problem has caused and the program will stop working? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks.

Re: Civilization V: Brave New World crashes and stops responding

I am also experiencing the same crashing of the Civilization V: Brave New World game when I open a map of any unexplored area. I have installed Brave New World through Steam on my pc which is running Windows 7. I was never getting this crashing before this new add-on in Civilization V. I can move the mouse accross the screen but the game will simply freeze and nothing can be done because of that. I simply have to launch Task Manager and then end the games processes. Anyone can help?

Even I was facing the same issue and I was able to fix this issue by simply tyrning off the Vsync in my Video settings. Just try it and let me know if this is working for you. If it doesnt, then try to save the game manually and dont use the autosave feature of the game. Hope that this helps everyone out.

Well, have you tried to upgrade the graphics driver in your computer. You can even try to disable the GPU texture decode on the game settings and check if that solves the issue. Try the usual stuff of reinstalling the game. If nothing is working for you then perhaps only a future patch for Civilization V: Brave New World can help you out, and until it gets released by the game developers, you will have to wait for sometime.