Thread: error "Failed to Initialize Engine" when starting Dark Game

error "Failed to Initialize Engine" when starting Dark Game

I have just purchased the game from Steam and have installed it on my pc which is running on Windows 7. If I am trying to start the game then it will simply give me an error message that states "Failed to Initialize Engine" and then it will close down. I am using Nvidia 600 series graphics card with the latest graphics drivers and also have 4gb of RAM as well. Can anyone suggest me some solutions to fix this issue? Thank you.

Re: error "Failed to Initialize Engine" when starting Dark Game

You will also need to make sure that the DirectX version in your pc is up to date. Also you will need to verify your game cache and check your connection with Steam and also try to run manually the secondary installers that is required by this game and then exit Steam. You can also browse to the C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\dark game\ folder and then run all the files like DXSETUP.exe, dotNetFx_Full_x86_x64.exe, vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_2008_x86.exe. After installing everything restart your pc and then test if the problem has been fixed.

I tried everything that you have suggested but nothing is working for me. Also by doing that Steam ended up forgetting my pc and was asking for validating my computer for use on Steam and so I had to again register myself over there. But even after doing so, I am still getting the same error message of "failed to initialize the engine". Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

If you have enabled additional GPUs in device manager then you are suppose to get this "Failed to initialize engine" error message, so try to disable it. So, it simply means that the problem is happening because of having more than 1 GPU in a computer. So if you have a intel graphics card with another Nvidia or Amd video card and if both are active then disable the intel one and see if that works for you.