Thread: Ride to Hell: Retribution error "RTH.EXE stopped working"

Ride to Hell: Retribution error "RTH.EXE stopped working"

Hi, I am using a high end computer that can play all games like Assassins Creed or Crysis without any problems or so. Recently I bought Ride to Hell: Retribution from Steam and I have successfully installed it in my computer. But when I am trying to launch the game then after sometime I am getting a black screen with an error message called "RTH.EXE stopped working" and then the game terminates. I have already reinstalled the game but still it is not working? Can anyone please tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Ride to Hell: Retribution error "RTH.EXE stopped working"

The problem that you are facing could occur if there is some conflict between the different applications that are running on the Windows desktop. I had a problem with a Steam game which was conflicting with Teamviewer application and when I stopped it then the game started to work better. Hopefully this will also solve the same trouble for you as well.

Even I was facing the same issue, and to solve this problem I went to this location - C:\Users\User Name\Documents\My Games\Ride to Hell\RTHGame\Config\RTHEngine.ini and then searched for an entry in the same file that was termed as fullscreen and then changed it to "false". After that I saved the configuration and then started the game which worked fine.

You should first check for an updated driver for your graphics card and install it for the support of the latest games. Also, you can try to play the game in Windowed Mode and check if it runs better. You will also need to close down all the startup applications and services in order to boost up the computer loading time by going to the msconfig area.