Thread: The Last of Us game autosave doesnt work

The Last of Us game autosave doesnt work

I think i made a mistake buying "The Last of Us". I bought it right after its release yesterday and since then i have been troubleshooting the game as well as my Console more than i have played the game. First the game was not loading, any how it got fixed, then PS3 use to get restarted automatically due to this game, i resolved that as well with hard work and now here's the new problem. The game is just not saving.

Though there is Auto Save in Last of Us, while playing the game it says "Auto Saving, Please Wait", well i wait, after few minutes it again says the same thing and so on. Sometimes it takes more than 3 minutes for saving. After about 15 Auto Saves my Console restarted again and guess what, i am again at the beginning of the game. There is no progress saved.

Though i strongly doubt the game is buggy i would still like to confirm whether it is happening with anyone else or just me?

Re: The Last of Us game autosave doesnt work

You are not alone with the problem dude, there are several gamers around the world who faced this problem. However the developers were well of aware of the same and they have now fixed the problem. I saw an article on their official community saying that the issue was from their own server end and hence the game was not saving while playing it online. Now they have fixed it and both Online and Offline are okay to play.

The only thing you have to do is delete all your existing game progress from the console and restart a new game. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTron View Post
    Now they have fixed it and both Online and Offline are okay to play.

The only thing you have to do is delete all your existing game progress from the console and restart a new game. Hope that helps.
    Nope, that’s wrong. Though the Auto Save problem has been fixed from Offline gameplay, still there is the problem with Multiplayer when you are online. The Auto Save still doesn’t works.

I started getting the AutoSave problem after installing the patch on my Console for Last Of Us. Earlier it was working fine but now there is no autosaves. I play the game online only (hate playing solo).

Is there any fix?

I agree with you Chung-Hee. The problem actually started with the patch though it fixed other problems like freezing or resetting the consoles. I did some search for the same and found other gaming websites saying that the only fix available as of now for no AutoSave is playing “Last of Us” OFFLINE. No matter what you do, either you reset your Playstation 3 or delete existing progress, it will just not work when you are playing Multiplayer.

So, enjoy the game only Offline/Single Player until they release their next Patch.

I have something to add on this. I agree the AutoSaves will only work until you are playing Last of Us OFFLINE. But in my case even after going offline, my autosaves were not working. Note, I had installed the patch. Just to test I deleted the patch and played the game Offline. This time my saves were working. So the conclusion is, (1st) you have to remain offline always with Last of Us. And second, Auto saves work in offline mode with patch installed for some gamers and without patch for other gamers. Hence if autosave is not working for you, uninstall the Patch.