Thread: The Last of Us patch download and information

The Last of Us patch download and information

I ordered a copy of Last of Us yesterday and probably will be getting it by today evening. I am excited to play it as i saw few gaming sites have rated it 10 out of 10. I was watching few trailers and gameplay of this game and came through an article that say they have already released a patch as well for Last of Us. I would like to know how and from where can we get this patch for download? Also it will be good if someone can please let me know what is added new in this patch?

Thanks

Re: The Last of Us patch download and information

Yeah, the developer launched the patch right after few hours of the game's release. That was their necessity because there are so many problems with the game. As you asked what has been added to this patch, well nothing has added, it just contains few fixes which has annoyed several gamers around the world. As per your post i guess you might have been aware of the problems i am talking about.

In order to get this patch just make sure your PS3 is connected to internet, launch the game and you will receive the notification for the patch. Apply the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingbang View Post
    As per your post i guess you might have been aware of the problems i am talking about.
    Yeah, you were right. In fact I had to spend first few hours for troubleshooting the game after I received the CDs. It freezes my console, restart the console several times, stuck on loading and more such problems. Anyways, I applied the patch and after that I was atleast able to play the game but still it freezes in between. Anyways, as of now I have just played it for about 2 hours lets see.

Didn’t you faced any problem after installing the patch? Even I am playing the same and after I applied the Patch, my Last of Us is no more able to Auto Save the game. Fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Black View Post
    Didn’t you faced any problem after installing the patch? Even I am playing the same and after I applied the Patch, my Last of Us is no more able to Auto Save the game. Fed up.
    Yes, you are correct Karen. After patching the game though it fixes the freezing, restarting and loading issues, it creates the new problem that is the Auto Save.

Any ways, here is the solution to fix the Auto Save Problems in Last Of Us after applying the Patch: The Last of Us game autosave doesnt work

Hey, I have a similar problem. When I start the PS3 and Last of Us, I received the Patch Notification, but I am not able to download the same. Whenever I click it, it says “Please Wait” but never starts downloading.

What should I do? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial musician View Post
    Whenever I click it, it says “Please Wait” but never starts downloading.
    That is just because of the busy servers. Even I had that problem. I tried it out for the entire day but was stuck with the same “Please wait”. Finally I managed to get the patch next day in just one attempt. So you should try download the same again after few hours. Hopefully it will work. Is still you get the problem than check your internet connection. Better reset the connection for once.