Thread: Black screen after starting Call of Juarez Gunslinger game

Black screen after starting Call of Juarez Gunslinger game

The game is getting annoying day by day for me. I installed Call of Juarez Gunslinger day before yesterday and since then i am just trying to launch the game any how. First i received several errors while installation. Fixed it anyhow and finished the installation. Now when i try to launch the game it just come with a Black Screen with audio in the background. Its some kind of game music i guess. Nothing appears on the screen.

Again i tried re-installing the game even updated the required drivers but yet the problem remains. Now dont have any idea what to do. I would have posted the screenshot here but there is nothing to post, i mean its just a complete black wallpaper. Hope somebody of you guys can help me out with this. Many thanks.

Re: Black screen after starting Call of Juarez Gunslinger game

You are not alone with the said problem JOSEPH, count me in too. Though my RIG is much higher than the mentioned system requirements for this game, whenever i start the game i can just see a black screen and nothing else. I am playing on steam and they say to validate the game files, well i have done it twice but no help.

If there would have been refund system, i would have requested the refund for this game.

I am not sure whether this will work but you have no choice then to give it a try. First of you all you need to run the game in compatibility mode. Right click the exe file, click Properties and from compatibility tab select Windows XP SP3. Now run it as an Administrator. You can do this by going to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sniper Elite V2.exe and right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator". If still getting the problems than try to change display settings and use different resolution options.

Alright, clean re-install and running in compatibility mode fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for the help Holbrook