Thread: Call of Juarez Gunslinger BEX error

Call of Juarez Gunslinger BEX error

So Call of Juarez Gunslinger is getting more annoying day by day for me. Its been a week i bought this game and so far i am just troubleshooting it every day for a new problem. Earlier i had installation problem, then lagging issues, than Low FPS and now the frustrating REX Error message. So far i have spent more time on troubleshooting the game instead of playing it.

I tried searching web for some help regarding REX error but instead of getting any solution the only thing i found is people looking for the fix for this. So, finally i landed here to ask if there is anyone playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger and came across REX issue? How did you fixed it? Please help.

Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger BEX error

Well, i am not playing the game hence i dont have any personal experience with those REX error but while searching for the same on web i found that few people solved the problem either by re-installing the game or by changing their profile name. Remember to rename the profile to something very simple having just alphabetical characters and not the ALT+code characters. Instead of re-installing the entire game better first try renaming the profile and see if it makes any difference.

Most probably the BEX error occurs when you system is not meeting the minimum requirements as mentioned by the developers. But as you sound like a gamer i hope you might be having better gaming configuration so this could not be the reason. However the another most possible thing causing the issue would be your security suites. Specially Norton. Just make sure that your antivirus/security tool or firewall is not blocking the game. You should better try disabling them all and running the game. See if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley007 View Post
    Remember to rename the profile to something very simple having just alphabetical characters and not the ALT+code characters. Instead of re-installing the entire game better first try renaming the profile and see if it makes any difference.
    Thank you very much for the help Paisley007. Finally i managed to fix the problem. For other users facing the BEX error, here is what i did. Before reading this post i had already started re-installation of the game. I read this post and after installation without actually starting to play i simply renamed my profile as mentioned by Paisley007 and guess what, no more BEX error message. I am not sure whether renaming the profile or Re-installing the game fixed the problem but if you are struggling with this annoying problem you can give a try to both. Hope it helps.

Well i have had already re-installed the game three times, even tried installing on my gaming Laptop after facing the problems on desktop but the BEX error remained. Finally after following the fix provided by Paisley007 worked. I simply renamed the profile and there is no more BEX error.

Thanks for the help buddy...finally i am able to play the game after purchasing it 10 days ago.