Thread: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Micro stuttering problem and unplayable with keyboard and mouse

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Micro stuttering problem and unplayable with keyboard and mouse

I am running a heavy build machine with i7 core with 4gb ram and also a Nvidia 400 series video. Installed Call of Juarez: Gunslinger and found out that the game is micro stuttering every now and then if I am playing this game mouse and keyboard. When I tested the joystick then it worked fine? Already tried to run the game in medium settings but still the same problem. Does anyone have some suggestions on how to solve this problem? Thank you

Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Micro stuttering problem and unplayable with keyboard and mouse

I am playing this game on my pc without any issues and not getting a problem like that you have said. Also, I am playing with mouse and keyboard only and not a controller and it is very responsive as well. So you might need to check the drivers of your video card whether it is the latest one installed or not. I havent used any controller to play this game so cannot say for sure whether it works much more smoothly or not though.

Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Micro stuttering problem and unplayable with keyboard and mouse

Yes, even I was facing the same problem of micro stuttering with keyboard and mouse but now it is gone. After using the Xbox controller the problem went away. Actually I tried playing with the mouse in the middle of the game but the problem started again. So, definitely until the next update or patch comes to fix this issue from the game developers, we should play this game with the controller till the time.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is having the same issue like Dead Island: Riptide and a solution was given to fix the Micro stuttering issue. It has worked for many people but there are some who are not successful with it, anyways, do the below and check if it works or not:
    1. You will need to enter the Ease of access centre, which can be usually accessed through Accessories after clicking Start, and then click 'Make the Keyboard Easier to use'.
    2. Now you have to click 'Set Filter Keys' and then click 'Set up Filter Keys'.
    3. Now you can click 'Turn on Repeat Keys and Slow Keys',and then click on 'Set up Repeat Keys and Slow Keys'. Choose the option to ignore all repeated keystrokes, and after that reduce the time option at the top to 0.0 seconds and then go back.
    4. Now make sure that 'Turn on Filter Keys' is ticked at the top and then click on apply. Now check if Call of Juarez: Gunslinger runs smoothly and after you are done then simply untick the box and apply.