Thread: Resident Evil Revelations With xbox 360 controller fix needed

Resident Evil Revelations With xbox 360 controller fix needed

I have a gaming PC at home with Core i3, 4GB RAM, 2Gb Geforce video card and a Xbox Controller. I play most of the games with this same Xbox controller if the game supports it. If I am not wrong Resident Evil Revelations as well supports 360 controller, right? But for me it is completely unplayable. Not just for me, I guess there are several other people facing this problem as I can see on web. In my case the deadzone and acceleration curve is completely crazy. I mean without touch I can go from zero to warp speed. Due to this you may never get a headshot in this entire game. Do anyone of you faced this problem as well? Is there any working solution for this?

Please help.

Re: Resident Evil Revelations With xbox 360 controller fix needed

You are correct Rathy. Even I was bit surprised with 360 controller connected to Revelations. I have played several games with controller, similar I tried playing the PC version of Resident Evil Revelations with wired xbox controller and needed to tinker with the keyboard layout but it was bit disappointing. I am not sure how this port is going to conform to a modern controller with semianalog mechanics. Lets see. However I would like to say that the Revelation controllers are very good. If you have enough time to troubleshoot I will suggest you to study them, and try to change them accordingly.

I am not sure whether this will help but you should try updating the xbox360 controller driver. Is till the problem exists then try unplugging and re-plugging the controller. For better results, reboot the system. See if it makes any changes

You are not alone with the said problem Rathy, count me in too. Even I tried both Wired and wireless controllers with Revelations and the results were same. The dead zone is huge resulting into precision shot nearly imposible. The same controller works very good in and fine in other several video games. I hope, Capcom knows about the same and they release some kind of patch to get rid of the error.