Thread: Black screen on Dead Island Riptide

Black screen on Dead Island Riptide

I am paying Dead Island Riptide on my pc. The game works well while playing levels under story mode. But as soon as the game reach some cut-scene there is a complete black screen. I can hear the audio on the backside. I am simply stucked with the process here. Can anyone here help me to simply get a more appropriate solution to fix this thing. I want to see the cut-scenes also. My friend is having the same game, but it works well in it. I am also not able to skip the same.

re: Black screen on Dead Island Riptide

That usually appear due to outdated drivers. I will recommend you to update the drivers and then test it back. That will be more appropriate I think. Just run a fresh video driver update and then test it back. I had gone through the same kind of issue in WOW and it was resolved by driver updates.

Try to install the game back. Then test back. I hope you are having a legit copy of this game. Ample of people just download that from the torrent which has this kind of common bugs. It is advice that you must remove the game properly and then add it back. But before doing that you will need to copy the save game files or else you will loose every chapter played in the game. The save game files of the same lies in the C driver. There are two places where you can find the saved games. The first is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<id>\91xxxx\remote\out\save\sa v_0.sav and the second is :/Users/<username>/Local Settings/Application Data/. Just go to the places and copy all the files. Then you can simply copy it back to its original place once you had installed the game back. This might resolve the problem of black screen cinematic.

It can be due to corrupt cinematic. Re-installation might fix the issue but if the files are not appropriate in the installation dvd itself then you cannot do anything. You will need to use to some others disc here to install the game. Then test it back.

Uninstall the game first from control panel. Remove everything. Then download a good system cleaner tool like CCleaner and run it. It will wipe out other pending files in the system. When you are done with the same then run the setup back again and this time change the game installation location. By default the setup goes in the C driver under Program Files folder. You will have to change the same to D drive, which will be more appropriate I think. Just modify the location and then test it back. Sometime there are bad sectors in the hard drive which are common cause of failure. When you replace or change the drive location the program works more properly. But if this also does not work then the game disc is not proper. It is not having proper files due to which you are facing problem with the cinematic.

This is a common bug that can be fixed back by simply installing the game back. I think that twill be simply more appropriate in fixing the issue you are facing. I do not think this game is having any kind of new updates or patches that can stabilize the performance more.

The problem lies with the video card. As mentioned above it is recommended that you must simply update the system drivers and then test it back. Once the drivers is updated the problem will be resolved and it will work more properly. Another common cause of this problem is system resolution or refresh rate. Try to set optimum resolution here in which the game can play cinematic. There are some features in the game like Anti-Aliasing or Vsync, just disable the same and then test it back. Then restart the game and try to play till you get the next cinematic. That is another easy way to resolve the problem you are facing.