Thread: Bioshock Infinite continuously freezes after 2 minutes of gameplay

Bioshock Infinite continuously freezes after 2 minutes of gameplay

I recently purchased Bioshock Infinite from Steam and have installed it properly on my system. I am having a i3 Core processor and also using GTX 580 video card with 4gb corsair ram on a Asus Maximus V motherboard. Now when I am trying to play the game then I can play it for few minutes but soon after 2-3 minutes the game will freeze continuously. So I will need to either press Alt+F4 or or else ctrl+alt+delete and then end the game manually. Other games like Tomb Raider 2013 and Resident Evil 6 are working properly and that too on high gaming settings. I dont understand why I am not able to play this game only? Do you have any suggestions for fixing this problem. Thanks

Re: Bioshock Infinite continuously freezes after 2 minutes of gameplay

Have you tried to install the latest graphics card driver available for your video card and then restarted the pc after that? If that doesnt work then roll back the drivers and restart again. I dont know why it is not working for you, since I am also having the same graphics card like yours and dont have any problems playing Bioshock Infinite, the game is running smoothly for me.

Even I am facing the same issue on my high end computer. The problem is, most of the time the game will work fine, and then all of a sudden it will not. No matter what I do, it doesnt matter, the game will open only when it wants to. Also I have noticed that sometime it will freeze at the same scene. I was able to play Bioshock Infinite for more than 3 hours but after some fighting scene starts with some enemies the game will just freeze over there and then I will have to press ctrl+alt+del to shut the game down. I think this problem needs to be addressed to the developers and hopefully they should make a patch to fix this problem.
    Please do not send me Emails or Private Messages for personal support. Last time I checked, there were still only 24 hours in a day. Thank you.

Try to play the game in offline mode of Steam, to do that follow the below steps::

1. First of all start Steam online and then ensure the "remember my password" box on the login window is checked
    2. After that check that all game files are completely updated. You will be able to see update status for a game under the Library section, usually when the game shows as 100% then it is ready to be played in Offline Mode.
    3. After that launch the game you want to play offline and check that there are no further updates to download, then try to shut down the game and return to Steam once you have confirmed that the game can be played.
    4. After that go to Steam > Settings and make sure the "Don't save account" credentials on this computer option is not selected.
    5. Now, from the main Steam window, go to the Steam menu and select to Go Offline.
    6. After that click Restart in Offline Mode to restart Steam in Offline Mode.
    7. Now try to launch Bioshock Infinite, and see if it works properly without any freezing.