Thread: Tomb Raider 2013 crashed after playing for few minutes

Tomb Raider 2013 crashed after playing for few minutes

I am playing the pc version of Tomb Raider. The latest once released recently. After playing the game for few minutes it crashes. There is nothing on the screen. A number of time the system freezes and I have to restart it manually. It is simply so irritating. I thought the game is good, but this crash is giving me hard time to play. While my friend is playing it on Xbox and it works great there. So it looks the pc version of Tomb Raider is buggy. Does anyone knows about any fix for this.

Re: Tomb Raider 2013 crashed after playing for few minutes

There is a patch available for that. You have to look on the steam. The patch fixes the crash issue. It is common with pc version of Tomb Raider. It looks there was some flaw in the game itself which causes the crash. You can simply run the patch to fix the same. The patch also fixes a number of graphic glitches and other issue with the game. And if there is any more issue in future, the developer will be giving more patches to deal with the issue. You must try the patch first.

I got the issue on Far Cry before. It was due to my graphic drive. If patch thing does not fix your problem then I will advice you to update your graphic drivers. You can do that by downloading the latest driver version from the official manufacturers website. Once the driver is updated the problem will be resolved. This can also be due to performance issue. But driver update is a proper choice. Try to re-install the game also once and ensure that your drive is having maximum space left for the game.

Try to disable the video settings and then check back. Keep the settings to minimum and check once again. This will be much more helpful to you to deal with the problem you are facing. And if things are working well then you can simply test by enabling one by one. I am sure it will be much more helpful to some extent. It is not complicated to find out which thing is causing the crash. I too think the patch will work better here. I hope you are not playing a pirated game in which this kind of issues are common.

There will be updates. Just wait for the same. If the issue lies with graphic card, there will be a fix provided. I had recently seen in a news that Nvidia is working on some new kind of drivers that can fix the graphic glitch or crashing of Tomb Raider. But there is no final confirmation available on the same and yet I had not see the updates. It is essential you keep a watch on the official website that gives you more information on the driver updates.