Thread: Tomb Raider 2013 Steam version wont launch

Tomb Raider 2013 Steam version wont launch

I have purchased Tomb Raider 2013 from Steam and if I am trying to press the "Play" button, then it will give me a message saying that "Preparing to launch Tomb Raider" for some time before finally showing the status as in game: Tomb Raider. After that I wait for sometime and nothing comes up which makes me believe that Steam is not able to launch tomb raider? I have already tried reinstalling the game, restarting steam, verifying integrity of game cache, etc; but nothing seems to be working for me? I want to play this game badly, what should I do now? Thanks.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signatureto help him gain world domination

Re: Tomb Raider 2013 Steam version wont launch

Did you try to launch the game from the tombraider.exe executable file directly by going into its installation directory in C: Drive or so? Even if this is not solving the problem for you, but it will surely give you a hint or an error message and based on that we might be able to find some solution for it.

Even I have pre-ordered the game from Steam and after the release I downloaded it. So, after doing all the installation I just try to launch the game via its screen where I have unchecked the full-screen options and have also lowered the settings to minimal. After that when I press Play to start the game, then it will give me an error message saying that "Tomb Raider has stopped working." I have the latest graphics driver installed in my computer with all the latest directx versions as well. Is there any fix for this issue?
    Nothing in life is garaunteed, except death.

There could be many reasons for this issue, if you can just post the crash dump files then it can be learned what is the problem anyways. In the meanwhile, try to uninstall video drivers and install either latest or some old graphics driver and troubleshoot. Also try to update the audio drivers if possible. If you have any antivirus software or firewall then try to turn that off and see if the game works. As a last resort try to open the game in compatability mode and see if that works.

Incase, people have either Intel chipset along with Nvidia chipset then this problem can occur. And to solve this issue, the intel should be disabled from the BIOS and only nvidia should be enabled. After doing all this things, try to launch the game, if still it wont open then hardware is not capable enough to run the game, I would presume. Compare the below System Requirements of Tomb Raider 2013:

Minimum requirements:
    1. Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8
    2. DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
      • AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
      • nVidia 8600
    3. Dual core CPU:
      • AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz
      • Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz
    4. 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
    5. 10GB Hard Drive space