Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 sound not working

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 sound not working

I have installed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 but I am not getting sound throughout the game. I have tried changing sounds setting of my system as well as within game but no luck. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games as well but I don’t see any improvement. Has anyone else faced the same issue or has any idea about the same??

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 sound not working

Can you let me know your system specification so that I can have better idea of the issue you are going through??? As far as I can guess there might be something wrong in your system.

Here’s my system specification:

• Processor – Intel Core i3-530 Processor
    • Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.4
    • Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 7.0
    • Windows 7 Ultimate

I also wanted to add that I have installed latest version of direct x and sound driver. Is there anything else I need to check out??? I don’t have same issue with other games like prototype 2.

Since you have already tried updating direct x and sound card driver I will suggest you to reduce sound acceleration. I am not sure of that would help but you can surely try it out.

• Go to start, click on run, type “dxdiag” without quotes and hit enter
    • Once you get a new windows opened, select sound tab and reduce the sound acceleration form there.

If that doesn’t help then you can try running the game with stereo sound.

I have tried reducing sound acceleration and I have tried try running the game with stereo sound but I am still not able to get sound from the game. I can play Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 without any errors and graphical issue but God knows what's wrong with its sound. By now I have tried all possible solution that I could have but none of them gave me a light of hope. Playing “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” without sound is not giving me the actual feel of the game. I am just running out of ideas and hoping for someone to help me out as soon as possible. Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your sound driver??? If you haven’t then you can give that a try. Don’t just uninstall and reinstall the sound driver manually rather try below way.

• Uninstall your sound driver using driver sweeper or some other uninstaller that you want to use
    • Turn of your system and let windows detect and install the drivers on its own.
    • In case window’s is not able to install the driver automatically then you can re-download latest driver form manufacturer site and install it.

I don’t think there might be something wrong with your sound driver as you have mentioned you don’t have any such issue with other game. However, try out what I’ve mentioned and post back the response you get.