Thread: Aliens VS Predator Classic 2000 not working in windows 8

Aliens VS Predator Classic 2000 not working in windows 8

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 is one of my favorite game and to my surprise it’s not working on windows 8. I had installed windows 8 a week ago and I have installed Aliens versus Predator today. I did not had any issue while installing the game. However since installing the game when I am launching it I can go through main menu but as soon as I try to play any mod the game crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that’s not making any difference.

Re: Aliens VS Predator Classic 2000 not working in windows 8

Which version of windows 8 you have installed??? Rather than uninstalling and reinstalling the game I want to know if you have tried running it in compatibility mode??
    For running the game in compatibility mode you just have to right click on game exe, select properties, click on compatibility tab, check “Run this program in compatibility mode” , select windows xp service pack 3 in drop down box, save the changes you have made by clicking on Ok and re run the game.

I have tried running the game in compatibility mode but I am getting the same response. I have tried running the game in all compatibility mode options but none of those are allowing me to play any mode of the game. The game simply crashes without any error message as such. I have installed latest graphic card driver and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well but no luck. Just let me know if there are any other workarounds that I can try further.

Check out these things one by one and let me know if you get any help.
    • Run the game as Administrator
    • Verify game cache form steam
    • Close all background program and unknown services
    • Turn of antivirus and other security program for testing purpose

I have been running the game as Administrator since beginning. I have verified the game cache form steam and it dint come up with any kind of corruption. I have closed all background program and unknown services and have tried running the game as standalone program but no avail. Disabling antivirus and other security program is not making any difference in my case. I guess the game is just not compatible.
    However there are other old games that are compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 only but they still work on windows 8 in compatibility mode. Can this issue be specific with Aliens VS Predator??? If anyone comes across any update on this matter then please let me know.

Yes it seems this issue is specific with Aliens VS Predator Classic 2000 on windows 8. You have tried out most of the workaround that might have help. I can’t think of any other workaround to suggest you now. In case I get any update, ill surely let you know.