Thread: I Am Alive game is a waste of money and time

I Am Alive game is a waste of money and time

I have played I am Alive and I think that it must be one of the worst games to be released in year 2012. This game was announced a long time ago and now that it has finally released, I find it very disappointing. The game seems to be broken at many points and unfinished. Also after having such a huge time span taken for making this game, I think that there is nothing worth playing. I thought that since Ubisoft is the developer of this game, it will also be of the great quality like Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six series.

Re: I Am Alive game is a waste of money and time

I too think that I Am Alive is not as good as the developers had advertised. In the beginning part the game looks good, but as we proceed further in this game to play more, we start noticing many problems. One of the major problems that I noticed was that of incomplete objects placed all around the game. In the background area in distant places, you would be able to see non-textured buildings or objects. It would be a plain model that was placed to show a building or so on. Also the objects are so big that they will be easily noticed and seen easily. This takes off the mood from the game.

One of the major problems that I noticed was that of incomplete objects placed all around the game. In the background area in distant places, you would be able to see non-textured buildings or objects
    I too noticed this problem and I think that the developers must act fast on this problem. The numbers of objects that don’t have textures or are incomplete are large in numbers. I didn’t count these objects but approximately they must be around eighty to hundred. If these unfinished textures were placed in small objects like dustbins or maybe distant objects like tower on the buildings, they won’t be noticed much. Also there is some problem with the shadows in this game. Whenever camera is moved around, the shadows shake strangely to give a look of offset shadows.

I too think that this game is waste of time and money. I mean there is some lack of logic in I am Alive. In various areas where there is lot of fog, the visibility of the area is very low. I mean, I can’t see what’s beyond next four to five meters. Obviously our character is human and human eyes restrict the view in these cases. But the enemies that we are fighting against are humans too and they can easily see us in the fog. However fog maybe in the area and we cannot see any person, but the enemy sees us from the far away distance and start attacking us. There are no thermal goggles or any other type of device on their eyes which would provide them such visibility.

Talking about logic, if you see the enemies closely, then they will have body armors on them. I mean if there are body armors present in the game, then why there isn’t any armor available for our character. Our character are human beings of normal size, there are many enemies of our size and built, who are wearing body armors. Also in the disastrous post apocalyptic world, any sane world would prefer wearing body armors rather than dying. I think there should have been some body armors that our character could wear.

I am Alive’s production started in year 2008. With around three years of production time, I thought that this game will be large with 100’s of missions. A huge post apocalyptic world, numerous side quests and so on. But after playing this game, there were no such great features in the game as I had anticipated. This game doesn’t have the top of the world graphics that would have been possible. Also the post apocalyptic world has nothing new to offer. Also I expected the game to be completely open world, but at most of the parts, the game becomes linear. I think that this too is disappointing for such a good game.

I too think that PC version of I am Alive is not worth buy. Whenever a game is ported in PC from some other console, usually we see that graphics are enhanced. PC provides better flexibility in terms of the hardware. But here in I am Alive; the graphics remain same as that in Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. In some parts we can really see the flat textures on the objects in the world. Also the black and white effect though given to the game for giving the effect of camera recording doesn’t look great. There is excess white color in this game which I think should have been not there. I suggest that one should not buy I am Alive if they are not interested in games with post apocalyptic themes.

Comeon people, I agree that developers of I am Alive have done mistakes of not porting the game with higher level of graphics in PC. Also the incomplete objects in the game add to the problems. But I think that if these problems are ignored then overall the game is nice and worth playing. The concept is really great and also the action is great. People who are complaining about the flat textures should know that showing a post apocalyptic world needs lot of effort. Almost everything is broken and to generate the textures for broken objects at such large scale is a tough job. If high quality of textures were given in this game, then even many high end computers would have found it difficult to support this game.