Thread: Zombies are exaggerated in Sims 3 Supernatural

Zombies are exaggerated in Sims 3 Supernatural

I have been playing Sims 3 Supernatural for a long time now and I have encountered the zombies many times in this game. I think that the concept of zombies has been spoiled in this game. Usually we see zombies as blood covered brainless creatures that have only one ambition, tear the flesh of the living and eat them. But here in Sims 3 Supernatural, zombies are shown something funny. What do other people who played Sims 3 Supernatural think about it?

Re: Zombies are exaggerated in Sims 3 Supernatural

I too think that the concept of zombie has been broken in Sims 3 Supernatural by the developers. We usually see zombies eating human or whatever flesh that comes in their way. But here in Sims 3 Supernatural, the zombies can be seen eating plants. The first time I saw this; I was like, What the hell? I mean is it some bug, which is making zombies randomly pick at the ground.

Maybe the bug is creating the offset for dead bodies that is making the zombies think that plants are actually zombies. But I then I realized that games is designed in this manner itself.

Also the spawning place of the zombies is very bad in Sims 3 Supernatural. I mean at first I thought that zombies would appear only from the graveyard which is where the dead bodies lie. But actually, the zombies start popping up from any random place around the town. They spawn anywhere in garden or any open space they find around to come up. At first I thought that they would come only from the graveyard, so I put the fences around my garden. I thought this would stop them, but then they started popping up inside my garden. I think that this is ridiculous.

The concept of zombies coming out of nowhere and disturbing the proceedings like weddings or parties was good. It would have been fun where a wedding is going on and suddenly, out of nowhere the zombies start attacking. But I think that there should be some fixed points for to happen. It is like zombies attack because there is some wedding and not because they want to come out at night. If next time, I go to the same place to see if the zombies come out, then there are no zombies in there.

Also the concept of people turning into zombies on temporary basis is totally awkward. I have seen zombie movies like Resident Evil, 28 weeks later and so on. But all of them have same concept, once you become a zombie you can become a normal human again (unless you are the hero who has anti-dote already injected in him/her). Here in Sims 3 Supernatural, the zombies actually remain zombies only till the full moon light. After that they again become normal humans. This cycle goes on till end of the game. Even the pea shooters from plants vs. zombies don’t kill them. They just drop them to the ground till they become normal humans again.

We have always seen that zombies come in large group to attack. It doesn’t mean that they have great team work or co-ordination, but yes they come in large groups. But in Sims 3 Supernatural, the group concept has been taken too far. The zombies attack in group of six every time. Zombies attack in group but they don’t have brains to plan the group of six. Couldn’t the developers maintain some variation in the group of zombies? I mean, sometimes the zombies would attack in group of 10, sometimes in group of 5. This would have looked realistic.

Another bad thing that I noticed in Sims 3 Supernatural was that the zombie bites don’t affect sims. When a zombie bites them, they just cough without any sign of turning into a zombie. I think that some option to control the zombies should be provided by the developers in Sims 3 Supernatural. With this option we would be able to control the amount of zombies that would attack the town. For example, a light attack would result in less number of zombies and such other levels should have been introduced.

Zombies in Sims 3 Supernatural should have been such that they would be attacking at any time of the day. For example, as the game shows us that zombies attack only during the full moon night, I think it is wrong. If there are zombies in the town, then they should be able to attack in any time of day. This would be fun as the zombies would attack at any random part of the town at any random time. Also this would reduce the number of zombies attacking during the full moon night. This type of zombie attack would have provided developers of Sims 3 Supernatural to have more zombie attacks with less pressure on player during full moon night.

With zombies in this game, I think developers could have put a anti-zombie squad in this game. We should pay some simileons to hire this anti-zombie squad to fight the zombies for us. This would be fun. I think using this feature, developers would also be able to integrate some another game in Sims 3 Supernatural as they did for Plants vs. Zombies.

I am thinking of sending developers of Sims 3 Supernatural a suggestion to include such feature as it would increase fun factor in the game. I don’t know if it is a bug or some glitch, but actually I have seen the zombies dancing many times in this game. It is really funny to see them doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MinkaM View Post
    I too think that the concept of zombie has been broken in Sims 3 Supernatural by the developers. We usually see zombies eating human or whatever flesh that comes in their way. But here in Sims 3 Supernatural, the zombies can be seen eating plants.
    Actually Sims series is a game which has least violence in it. It is one such game that is played by small children, grown-ups and by many other groups of people. I don’t think flesh eating and gore would go right with them. I mean if you are interested to hunt and kill flesh eating zombies, why don’t you play games that actually are meant for it.

For example, Resident Evil series, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead and others. Since this game is about super naturals, developers just wanted to include zombies in Sims 3 Supernatural. I think current zombies are good for game like Sims 3.