Thread: How to use macro in Guild Wars 2?

How to use macro in Guild Wars 2?

I just installed Guild Wars 2 in my computer and played it for 15 minutes. After playing it, I realized that there lot many keys that are useful in this game. Though they all are present on the keyboard of my computer, sometimes it becomes difficult to reach some of them quickly. Because of this, I sometimes miss combo or some action. I have a mouse with three extra keys on its body. They are placed such that my thumb and the ring finger can reach them easily. I wanted to use these keys on mouse in Guild Wars 2 so that certain actions become easier to perform. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Re: How to use macro in Guild Wars 2?

I’d say that Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have any option to bind the extra keys of the mouse with the game, so you cannot do it from the game. You can use some software that came with mouse for configuring the keys of the keyboard with the mouse. Even if you have option to bind the keys of the keyboard with extra keys on the mouse, I suggest you to avoid it. I don’t think that this configuration will be restricted to Guild Wars 2 only. The key binding will be done for the whole operating system. For example, if you bind ‘M’ with one of the extra key, you will need to press the key on the mouse everywhere to get M. So my suggestion is that you don’t use the extra keys for now.

Guild Wars 2 is not programmed to accept the extra keys on the mouse right now and thus you will have to avoid doing it. Since the game is new, developers are sure to try out new things with it. I hope they design some patch or upgrade for Guild Wars 2, which will accept the other such keys on the mouse or keyboard. You can wait for such a patch or upgrade to come out. But till then you should play with the default key configuration available in this game. You can also send your suggestions to ArenaNet to bring out such. Maybe they will consider it.

I don’t think that it is right to use the extra keys on the mouse. The keys that are present on the mouse which you are calling as extra keys are actually programmed to release a bot in your computer which virtually works as the substituted keys. So if you program Guild Wars 2 to use these extra keys on your mouse, the game will detect it as bot an upload the data on its server. As the bot gets detected, the developers will declare it as a fraud and take actions against you. You might be even banned from this game. So to avoid such problems, please don’t use these keys.

When playing a game, you need to be quick in pressing the buttons or else you must keep pressing the buttons at a very fast speed. If you take a look at a general structure of the mouse, then it is designed to keep the fingers close to each other. The keys on the mouse’s side are given for simple tasks like using it for undo or redo. These actions don’t get used much and don’t need quick pressing of buttons. If you use it for gaming, then quick pressing of these buttons might be bad for the hand. Also these buttons are delicate in nature. So rapid pressing of them might break them or render them useless.