Thread: Trade Post, Guilds, etc issues in Guild Wars 2

Trade Post, Guilds, etc issues in Guild Wars 2

I have been playing Guild Wars 2 for few days in a row and I think this game is not properly made. The game is still incomplete and I don’t think that it will be completed under short time. There are many problems with the in game group formations, trading posts, guilds and so on. These problems in Guild Wars 2 have not risen from in between or middle of the game. I have noticed these problems from start of this game. What do other people feel about it?

Re: Trade Post, Guilds, etc issues in Guild Wars 2

I thought that trading posts in Guild Wars 2 were one of the best features that this game has. The developers have allowed managing our resources, earning and spending money in a very detailed manner. It is very useful to save the space in the character’s bag in this game. The micro management of the trading post is what impressed me at first. But as I went on playing Guild Wars 2, I realized that these trading posts were having lots of bugs and there were many glitches in it. Some parts of the trading posts crash when using it. Also many times, the game has crashed when I try to access the trading posts. I think that developers should rectify this problem as soon as possible to help players have better experience in the game.

The in-game mail feature in Guild Wars 2 is facing a lot of problem and I think that it would be best if the developers could sort out the problem as soon as possible. The in-game mail system has provided a gold mine for the spammers. I have been receiving junk mails almost twice every minute. I am in middle of a fight and suddenly a mail pops out. I click on it thinking that some of my friend must have sent it. But all I found was some random link to random webpage. My mail box in game has been filled with so many of these junk mails that every time I open it, I think why this feature was ever introduced.

The grouping feature given to us in this game is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes I can connect to the groups while other times not. If I join a group now and complete the fight or mission or whatever is needed, then I leave the group. If I try to join the group again, I get message saying that there is not enough space on server left to allow group formation. I think that developers of Guild Wars 2 have not made enough space available on their servers that can support large number of people at a time. It seems that developers need to provide more server space to this game or else this is going to be a big disappointment for many gamers who are playing Guild Wars 2. Developers should have known how many people will be entering the server after success of previous game.

I think it is the blank groups that are formed in Guild Wars 2 that are causing problems. I have been playing this game for some time and I have realized that how faulty the grouping in Guild Wars 2. Many times it is seen that people join a group and start to roam around the world leaving the group on their own. I have seen many such groups in this game and I think if such groups which are created unintentionally should be broken down by the developers as soon as possible. There should be some restriction that will lock the group members to the areas around the group leader. If a member goes out of the limit set, he/she will be disbanded.

Proxy and blank groups formed by many people must be flooding the server leading to less availability in the space. If such groups are broken down, then it will allow the people who genuinely need to form a group with appropriate server space. Also I am disappointed that after realizing the success of Guild Wars, developers should have allocated more server space for Guild Wars 2 too. I think that grouping in Guild Wars 2 also creates problems when the ping value is very high. Also many times I have noticed that game lags after joining a group. This must be the low server space affecting the game so badly.

The guilds in this game are also having lots of bugs in them. After creating a guild, we cannot promote the guild members. Also we cannot demote or assign any other position to the members in our guild. Not everybody is being affected by this problem, but many people have noticed it. I hope this problem is noticed by ArenaNet and they fix it as soon as possible. It is completely ruining the concept of having guilds in this game.

I think we should remain calm and let the ArenaNet do their work on this game. I think that Guild Wars 2 is a cool game and much better than other MMO games that are available in the market. I have played Diablo 3 and have been playing World of Warcraft for a long time. I think that Guild Wars 2 is the first game to get such a large number of players online on the first day itself. I think that this is great thing. Gamers should understand that it is not easy to handle a MMO game. Developers must have noticed the problems in this game even before you complained. So it is better to wait and let the developers bring out patch to rectify the problems in this game.

Guild Wars 2 lacks the security that an online MMO game should be having. Many people are complaining that the log in time of this game is very high. Even a high speed internet cannot connect to this game quickly. Again there have been many complaints of the accounts in Guild Wars 2 getting hacked and exploited. I think developers of Guild Wars 2 should first solve the problem of broken security before proceeding with other problems. But I think that ArenaNet has done good job of managing the large number of dynamic events in the game at a same time. I hope the problems in Guild Wars 2 are sorted soon and we get a great game to play with.