Thread: Orcs Must Die 2 won’t start when launching it

Orcs Must Die 2 won’t start when launching it

I installed Orcs Must Die 2 on my computer and it ran all the basic Steam installations and other supporting features installation as usual. I installed this game from administrator’s account so even permissions shouldn’t be a problem. After the game was installed, I clicked on its execution file only to have the game not running. I uninstalled and installed Orcs Must Die 2 again, but again the same results. I checked the Steam cache to find out what problem was stopping the game from starting. I found that there was 1 file missing. Can someone tell me what this problem is?

Re: Orcs Must Die 2 won’t start when launching it

This problem is unusual and unheard of. If there was any file missing in the game, it would have notified you during the installation process itself. I can’t understand how this game is giving you problem like this. I think that your anti-virus software that is installed in your computer must be detecting the files of this game as malicious and must be deleting it. You can also check the logs of the anti-virus software to know if it is not deleting any file or putting any game file in quarantine zone. If the problem is not solved, you can send the developers or Steam an email with your problem and screenshots. I am sure that they will help you.

When you downloaded Orcs Must Die 2 from Steam, are you sure that the download was done properly. If there was any interruption during the download, like crashing of PC or internet going down, then it might have happened that some file must have not been properly downloaded. Also because of this problem, the file which is being shown as missing must have gone corrupt. According to the problem that you have described in your question, I think this is the closest what I can say about. You can try downloading Orcs Must Die 2 again to get the missing file again.

I suggest you to check if you have all the drivers updated. This game needs the graphic drivers and the PhysX drivers on the graphic card. Again check for the firewall settings of the anti-virus software. This game needs to contact the Steam server when you launch it first time. Maybe the firewalls in your computer aren’t allowing it to connect. Check for the settings and see if you can exclude the Orcs Must Die 2 from the firewall restrictions. Maybe it will make the game start properly.

I found the cause of this problem. You were not the only people who were suffering from this problem. Actually, every time you start Orcs Must Die 2, it checks and verifies the serial key on Steam. When you click on the execution file, it tries to connect to the Steam server. But if the shortcut has been set to read only mode, then it happens that this game fails to connect to the Steam servers. You can just right click on the shortcut of Orcs Must Die 2 and in the general tab; you can just disable the read only option. This will allow the execution file to contact the Steam servers.