Thread: Orcs Must Die 2 Patch download and notes

Orcs Must Die 2 Patch download and notes

After playing Orcs Must Die 2, I can say that this game is one game where the developers have shown their finesse by keeping no bugs or glitches n this game. I completed this game and I didn’t find or notice even a minor bug. I really appreciate the developers for their efforts for bringing out such a good quality game. But sometimes, few minor errors or bugs are noticed, maybe due to the hardware of the user or some unsuspecting reason, which developers must have not come across. I recently read that Robot entertainments are releasing a patch for Orcs Must Die 2. Can someone tell me what this patch does in this game?

Re: Orcs Must Die 2 Patch download and notes

Yes, Robot entertainment has added a new patch to Orcs Must Die 2. This patch was introduced to make available the weekly challenges in this game. The weekly challenges have been started from 17th of August 2012. Also many people who played this game had problem with the grid available in this game for applying the traps. The problem of mismatching alignment of traps with the grid has also been rectified in this patch. On some hardware, the mouse speed in the menu of the game was odd. Either it would be low or sometimes high. This issue has also been fixed. The game will now use the speed of mouse on the computer itself.

The page on the spell book which had name ‘My Stuff’ can now be sorted by the user. Before, it was static and items would go on arranging themselves in a sequence, but now it is rectified. Some minor network fixes have also been done where the enemy units would freeze in the co-op game or multiplayer game. Also many people complained that in the Endless mode, the dialogues of the story would be visible and also heard. Since Endless Mode was to be independent of the story mode, the dialogues were still seen. These dialogues were removed from the Endless mode using this patch to make it more interesting.

Previously in Orcs Must Die 2, even if you had turned on the ‘No Gore’ option from the game’s options, it would have no effect. You would still see the blood in the game. But now with this new patch, this problem has been solved. On enabling the ‘No Gore’ option, you will not see blood in this game. The killings of the Guardians by use of the traps weren’t counted before. But now after applying the patch, we can kill the guardians using the traps to get their kill counted. Now Orcs Must Die 2 will make the backup of the profiles created in the game. This will help to restore the backup of game saves in case of computer crash or corruption of files.

The new patch released by Robot Entertainment for Orcs Must Die 2 will also fix some minor glitches in Polymorph ring probability. The grinder trap available in this game had some minor problem when it would come in contact with the gore of the orcs. This problem has also been fixed using this new patch. Many people had problem with the Spore trap. Whenever it was placed ad any orc got trapped in it, the game would trigger some random dialogue. This dialogue though present in some level of the game would start in every other level. The dialogue was something like ‘They are on the stairs’. This problem with the Spore trap has also been sorted out.

The new patch for Orcs Must Die 2 has also set new milestones for collection of skulls in the game. Now the milestones will appear at 200000, 300000 and so on. The UI of Orcs Must Die 2 when on menu had problems on the left side of the screen as well as at the top side. With this new patch the file for the UI has also been rectified leading to proper UI in the game. The units that are resurrected by Shaman in Orcs Must Die 2 don’t get any damage by the attacks of physics based traps. This was actually a bug and is now solved by this new patch. The Bile Bats will now not be able to shoot from the Boulder shoots. I think this is a good advantage given to the players.

I think that the worst bug which was present in this game was that of retry. Usually we see that a game in which player has to collect points or maybe some in game item, at the end of level we are given option to retry the level. This is done with intention so that a player might not be able to get best score in new level for the first time. So retry is given so that one can try to beat the previous high score. Here the previous score is not counted and you begin with complete new score. But in Orcs Must Die 2, a bug used to add the old score with the new score on retrying the level. This led to inappropriate skull farming. This problem is also solved by this new patch.

If you have played Orcs Must Die 2 and closely observed that the Sorceress' scepter had a awkward fizzling effect. This problem was caused because of some problem in the texture. Even this problem has been sorted out. I think this is a great job done by the developers to fix the game. This patch that was released has really helped to enhance the game considerably.

The engine on which the Orcs Must Die 2 is built can’t support many units at a time. Many people complained that this game consumed lot of processor resources and also RAM. This problem was actually caused because of the large number of Void wall potions and coins being present in the scene of Orcs Must Die 2. This new patch will reduce the time for which these items will be visible on the map. This will reduce the load on the player’s computer and stop problems like crashing or blue screen errors. I think this is a good move taken by the developers to help the game run properly.