Thread: Aims and camera controls are not proper in Sleeping Dogs game

Aims and camera controls are not proper in Sleeping Dogs game

I have just installed the Sleeping Dogs in my PC and started playing this game. After playing it for some minutes and starting with the first mission, I realized that there is something wrong with the controls of the mouse. The vertical and the horizontal movements of the mouse don’t look smooth and it feels that their sensitivity is out of synchronization. Is it just me who is getting this problem or any other person who is playing this game and has encountered such problems?

Re: Aims and camera controls are not proper in Sleeping Dogs game

The reason because you are getting bad mouse movements in Sleeping Dogs is because the mouse smoothing applied to the mouse by the developers is not proper. Also the mouse acceleration is not done properly. It is like developers have tried to remove mouse smoothing purposely from this game. Also many times it feels that this game has problems when taking in the mouse input. The movements feel like they are lagging and thus playing this game with mouse seems very bad. This makes the game very irritating leading to getting bored after few missions.

I think that Sleeping Dogs game has one of the worst porting done ever. The developers have seemed to directly port the gamepad joystick configuration to the PC version of this game. This has made the game to treat the mouse input as the joy stick input. As we know that joy stick of the gamepad can move in specific directions and distances only. This limitation must have been also applied on the mouse controls. Also the joystick is made for thumb movements which are small in size. When this same configuration are applied over a mouse which has to be controlled by hand, the movements seems awkward.

I played Sleeping Dogs by attaching the Xbox 360 gamepad to the PC and let me tell you that game works best with the gamepad attached to it. I think that this game was meant to be played by the gamepad only and not by using keyboard and mouse. I suggest to you people that if you want to have full experiences then play it only with gamepad and avoid keyboard and mouse.

I think that developers of Sleeping Dogs have done injustice to PC gamers. If they wanted to port this game to PC at least they should have done it right. Why did they give us the incomplete game and then wait for us to realize that mouse controls are bad. If getting the mouse control couldn’t be properly designed, they could have mentioned on the pack that this game is best played with Xbox 360 gamepad.

EA sports have been mentioning on the pack of FIFA games that it is best played with Xbox 360 gamepad which actually helps us. I think that it is completely wrong from the developer’s side.

Because of the problems with the smoothness and movements of the mouse, the camera movements of this game have also been affected. The panning and the rotation of the camera aren’t happening properly. Many times the camera seems jerky leading to accidents when driving on the road. I hope that developers take notice of this problem and bring out a patch to rectify these problems. I don’t understand why Sleeping Dogs was released so early; I mean the developers could have worked on improving the mouse controls. I hope that at least the versions of this game that are releasing late would have this problem sorted out.