Thread: How to hide or lock Cursor in Dark Souls game

How to hide or lock Cursor in Dark Souls game

It seems like a bug to me. If anyone of you guys playing Dark Souls, than you might have noticed that the cursor wont go or hide most of the time even in gameplay. I am playing this on Steam and am also unable to lock the cursor in the game. As a workaround i restarted games many times, tried to change many things under its settings but yet no successful results.

Do you guys have any idea how can we fix this cursor problems in the game ? If yes, please share.

Re: How to hide or lock Cursor in Dark Souls game

There are many steam users or Dark Souls players who were annoyed with the same. hence they have launched a small utility to fix hiding or locking the cursor in game. It is called 'CursorLock', you can download it from here. Once installed, this small and light utility will confines your cursor to any area of the screen selected by you.

• As far as configuration is concerned, just download and install this program, Launch the app and go to Shortcut tab.
    • Click on Program Mode and go to Steamapps folder.
    • Select DARKSOULS.exe in the Open Program field.
    • Now select DATA.exe from the same folder and set it as Lock Program field.
    • Now click Creat Shortcut and save it in your My Documents folder.

Thats it. Now whenever you want to play the game, always run it from this shortcut to avoid cursor in the game.

I was facing the same cursor problem in game recently on Steam. While searching for solution, they gave me an script that helped me successfully. You can try the same as well. Am attaching the hotkey with this post, just download it from below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gamer-boy View Post
    • As far as configuration is concerned, just download and install this program, Launch the app and go to Shortcut tab.
    • Click on Program Mode and go to Steamapps folder.
    • Select DARKSOULS.exe in the Open Program field.
    • Now select DATA.exe from the same folder and set it as Lock Program field.
    • Now click Creat Shortcut and save it in your My Documents folder.
    Thanks for sharing these steps and download Gamer-Boy. This is what exactly i was looking too. I installed the same and my problem solved. After working more on this script i found that it can overcome cursor drifting issues as well if you are running any applications or playing games in windowed mode. Really worth.