Thread: Waiting for players to make a move in Hero Academy is very annoying

Waiting for players to make a move in Hero Academy is very annoying

I have been playing the multiplayer game of Hero Academy and I find it really boring because the person I am playing against usually waits for a long time to play or doesn’t even play sometime. I know many people must have experienced it many times. This makes me lose interest in the game completely. I think that developers need to bring some change over here or else the game will turn out to be a big failure. What do other people think about it?

Re: Waiting for players to make a move in Hero Academy is very annoying

Yes, I know what happens when you are playing a game in multiplayer mode and having a complete prick as your partner. I don’t know how people do it, but it seems like some people are playing Hero Academy while travelling in bus and while getting down, they fail to quit the game. Later they forget that they have a game running and keep the other player waiting on. The worst thing ever happened to me was when I was near to beating my opponent in the multiplayer. I just need one turn and he would have been dead. But he hung up the game never to return ever. It was such a bad experience.

The developers should have put a timer to the turn in the multiplayer mode as one would have to play within the allocated time or else the turn would be over and passed on to the next person in the game. I think that this method would have been practical as many people seem to be careless about hanging up on other person. This would at least let other person win the game. I think developers should make a patch for Hero Academy which would add the timer for every turn we play in the multiplayer mode of this game.

I think the idea of having timer in the game is cool and the best. The restricted time limit means the person playing the game will have less time to think and will tend to make mistakes. This will give an added level of challenge in the game and will make it difficult to play as well as exciting. There should also be option where we can set the timer for every round. Thus we can have multiple difficulties in Hero Academy multiplayer mode enhancing the fun factor of this game. We can have 1 minute time for every round to three minutes depending upon the option we keep. According to me this is how the game should have been.

Putting a patch for Hero Academy after release will be difficult for the developers. So we shouldn’t expect it at least for the timer to be made available in the multiplayer mode of this game. I think that instead of pre-defined timer for every round, a dynamic timer should be put in the game. By dynamic timer, I mean that in the starting of the round, the timer will be the highest since there will be many units whose moves will have to be decided. But as the units go on decreasing, o will be the timer. I think that this will add challenge. The game becomes crucial in the end and with reduced timer; the challenge will become tougher.

To tackle the problem of left out game where another player leaves the game only to hang another player, I think that if one player fails to play, the game should detect that the player’s absence and automatically complete his/her moves. I think that this seems more practical to implement and to use over the timer concept.

Also there should be option where we would be able to pass a round if needed. I know it will not be used, but sometime when in winning condition, I wish to have it just to toy with my opponent.