Thread: ffdshow audio codec opens up when clicking on Hero Academy's new challenge mode

ffdshow audio codec opens up when clicking on Hero Academy's new challenge mode

I have started playing Hero Academy recently but whenever I am clicking on new challenge then new audio codec process is getting opened automatically in manager. I have tried restarting the game and have rebooted my system several times but it comes up every time when clicking on new challenge or new game. I am not sure if this is a bug in the game but I want to know if there is anything I can do to get rid of audio codec?

Re: ffdshow audio codec opens up when clicking on Hero Academy's new challenge mode

In that case you can try out the below steps:
    • Open K-Lite Codec Pack Start Menu folder go in to 'ffdshow audio decoder configuration" and click on DirectShow Control
    • Here you will have to check mark "Don't use ffdshow in", click on edit and add "HeroAcademy.exe" and you are done
    • You should not get the audio codec spam again, if you face any further issue with the game then you can feel free to ask, best of luck.

Re: ffdshow audio codec opens up when clicking on Hero Academy's new challenge mode

The solution you have mentioned seems to be different, I mean in my case I am having a folder called ffdshow and not Open K-Lite Codec Pack Start Menu folder. It is having files and I don’t see any DirectShow control ion there. Just wanted to know if I will have to get K-Lite codec pack or there is some other way by which I can get rid of audio codec spam? Further help will be very appreciative.

Just follow the below steps for getting rid of audio codec spam, I have tried this myself and I am quite sure that it works.
    1. First launch the game, Right click on FFD show icon and click on "ffdshow Audio decoder"
    2. Now click on "DirectShow control" and check mark "Don't use ffdshow in:" checkbox and
    3. After that click on "Edit" button > "add" and check out for Heroacademy exe file and add the same to the list.

Once you have made the above changes you should won’t see audio codec spam anymore. I think just disabling it in this way is a better idea than uninstalling but if you don’t find it of any use then you can uninstall it as well.