Thread: How to get Diablo III Starter Edition for free

How to get Diablo III Starter Edition for free

Guys I have heard that Diablo 3 starter edition is now available, so I wanted to know how can I get it, I haven’t tried out previous version of Diablo’s edition but this time I want to try it out, so is there anyone who can let me know how can I get it? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Re: How to get Diablo III Starter Edition for free

If you are having Battle.net account and if you have installed Diablo III game client then you can perform the below steps for getting Diablo 3 starter edition:
    • First Log in to Diablo III via your Battle.net id, accept the Terms of Use.
    • When you get a popup window for creating BattleTag then click on Continue, Log in to your Battle.net account and then enter BattleTag of your choice.
    • Now click on “Create your BattleTag’ and Click Back to Battle.net Account Management. If you have any further queries then you regarding creation of BattleTag then you can check out BattleTag FAQ.
    • After that you can return to Diablo III game client and log in with your Battle.net account for accessing Starter Edition.

Actually I am having Battle.net account but I haven’t installed Diablo III game client, so can you just let me know how I have to install its game client?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of speech View Post
    Actually I am having Battle.net account but I haven’t installed Diablo III game client, so can you just let me know how I have to install its game client?
    If you dont have D3 game client that there is an alternate way to get hand son Starter Edition. You will need to ask any of your friends who is already having Diablo III game disc. get it and install on your system. Than login to Battle.net account with your account ID and pass and you are done. You will find Diablo III Starter Edition is added to your account automatically.

If you are having Battle.net account but you haven't installed game client then you can follow these steps:
    1. First Log in to Diablo III via your Battle.net id and on Account Summary page you will be able to see “Diablo III Starter Edition”. You just have to click on Play for Free link and enter BattleTag of your desire.
    2. Now click on “Create your BattleTag’ and Click on “Get Starter Edition” after that on Diablo III License page you can click on “Download Game Client” and Verify your age.
    3. After that Select appropriate platform, once the installation process gets completed you can log in using Battle.net account for accessing Diablo 3 starter edition.

Yes even I have gone through some videos of Diablo III and I am eagerly waiting to try its starter edition but what if I don’t have Battle.net Account?

If you don’t have Battle.net Account then you can follow the below steps:
    1. Go to this page Click No – Create a New Account and proceed with the simple steps for Account registration.
    2. Once you have completed the registration a verification email will be sent to the email address that you might have entered for registration. So now you have to log in to that email address and click on the link for verifying the account.
    3. After clicking on the link when you get redirected to a page saying “E-Mail Address Verified” then you can click on “Continue Setting Up Diablo III”
    4. Now enter BattleTag of your desire, click on “Create your BattleTag” and click on Get Starter Edition. Once you are redirected to Diablo III License page then click on Download Game Client and verify your age. Make sure that you are installing according to your platform. When the installation gets completed then you can log in with your Battle.net account for accessing Diablo 3 starter edition.

Hey thanks for that I will try your suggested steps, anyways I wanted to know what this guest pass is? I have come across people asking if they can download Diablo III Starter Edition without a guess pass or not? Any ideas what’s so special about it?

Guest Pass is a key which will allow users to provide their friends opportunity for playing Starter Edition of this game. Currently Blizzard Customer Support has mentioned that Diablo III Starter Edition will not be available without Guest Pass. There are some restrictions for Players on Starter Edition game license like only 13 levels and no Auction House access.