Thread: Changing difficulty level in Darksiders II

Changing difficulty level in Darksiders II

So who all are playing Darksiders II here ? Well, i just started it, and completed almost an hour of gameplay. I have a small query regarding the difficulty level in Darksiders II. As of now i started playing it on normal mode but due to some reason i want to change it to easy mode, but unfortunately there seems no option for the same. is it like if we select any mode, so we cannot change it unless we finish the entire game ? Please help.

Re: Changing difficulty level in Darksiders II

yes you can change it for sure but are you talking about changing to Nightmare mode ? If yes, than forget it. You cannot get to Nightmare mode unless you complete the game first. Once you completed on the difficulty level you are playing now, you will able to change it to normal or nightmare in the GamePlus Mode.

This is how vigil has designed the game. So first move ahead as you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    yes you can change it for sure but are you talking about changing to Nightmare mode ? Once you completed on the difficulty level you are playing now, you will able to change it to normal or nightmare in the GamePlus Mode.
    This sounds something new. I have heard difficulty levels in easy, normal and hard mode. But what is this Nightmare mode and how it works ? is it different from normal or hard mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vadiraj View Post
    But what is this Nightmare mode and how it works ? is it different from normal or hard mode ?
    Yes, it is new and quite different from other difficulty modes. Nightmare mode is a kind of new challenge for gamers who want to play the game after Hard Mode. This mode appears or unlocks only when you finish the entire game on any difficulty level. But there is only disadvantage of Nightmare mode, that is once you are dead while playing in this mode, you will need to play it again from start (in Nightmare mode itself), save dont work.