Thread: Argonian vampire lord in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard

Argonian vampire lord in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard

I am playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard and I have encountered many different types of monsters till now. From every type of monster that I have encountered, I can say that most of the monsters including Vampire lords look like humans who have been mutated due to nuclear explosion nearby. It feels like the developers of Skyrim Dawnguard have just modified the human models present in the game to make then look like monsters. It seems that Bethesda Softworks have run out of their ideas and thus they are just modifying the existing content to make it look new. What do other people feel about it?

Re: Argonian vampire lord in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard

I too think that Skyrim Dawnguard doesn’t have any innovative monster that could have been worth appreciating. All the monsters present are either modified from some other monster or just human modified to look like monster. The modified versions of the existing monsters and humans just look retarded and nowhere close to scary or monstrous. I think instead of human like appearance, they should have been given lizard like or tiger like appearances. For me, the Argonian vampires from Skyrim Dawnguard should have looked like lizards with human torso and evil looking sharp tail. Also wings to have abilities like flying and to make them look like monsters.

I agree to the fact that Bethesda has not shown much creativity I designing the monsters for Skyrim Dawnguard. But we have to accept it because; it is just a dlc, which is an extension to the original game. We can’t have everything new in it. If the developers use away all their creativity all at once in just one dlc, then it might happen that there won’t be anything left to be shown in the new game. Also the new game will have more profit than the dlc and thus developers haven’t made any major changes to the monsters in Skyrim Dawnguard. I think that monsters a good in Skyrim Dawnguard in terms of their looks and built until they keep dying be my sword.

The vampires are just another humans who have been under the curse of the evil of bitten by other vampire to become one of them. So it is obvious that vampires will look like human and not like some another animal. The vampire lords are shown to be alive from long time and thus it might happen that they look like some evil monsters with bat wings and ugly looks. I know I am taking the topic bit away from Skyrim Dawnguard, but when vampires are in discussion, I think I know a vampire who has been living from past 110 years and still looks somewhat like humans. Yes, I am talking about Edward Cullen from Twilight. I have always imagined vampires like human look alikes.

The werewolves from every class looks same in Skyrim Dawnguard from dunmer werewolf to altmer werewolf. I think that some variation should have been maintained in the looks of werewolves in this game. For example, one class of werewolf would me more heighted than others but have less strength. Some other class will have werewolves with more dark shaded fur and some other class would have more speed.

So this is how variations could have brought in game by the developers. Just like the werewolves, I think that variation in looks and abilities of the monsters and beasts should have been made.

The problem with the lack of variation in looks and abilities of the monsters is that we know which weapons and powers would work against the specific monsters. So in short, if I see werewolf coming towards me, I just bring out the selected weapon and go on spamming the attack and kill them easily. If variation in the monsters is introduced, then it will happen that one will need to first recognize the type of monster that is coming against them, then select the proper weapon and power to fight.

This will add more of a challenge in the game which will actually be fun to play. After the variation is introduced, the challenge will make the game more interesting as the player will need to think more about the powers he/she will need to upgrade.

I would have liked to have some monsters that resembled half snakes and half humans. For example, a reptilian mouth with slithering tongue, and fangs, torso which would look like human with human like hands. But down from the waist, a snake like long body which it would use to slither on the ground. The human part should carry poisoned darts or arrow with poison tip. They would be found around the swampy regions and near water fields. I think something like this should have been present in the game. This would make the game more interesting.

I think that vampires from Skyrim Dawnguard should have the quick ability to transform into bats. It would be exiting during the fights to have a vampire suddenly disappear; I mean turn into bat and change position. Also when most of the vampires from group of bats that appear to attack the city gets finished, the remaining ones should transform into bats and fly away. This would be more realistic and also add something new in Skyrim Dawnguard. I too agree that Bethesda Softworks should have been more creative when developing Skyrim Dawnguard, but now that the game has been made, we can’t do much about it.

The game is actually a rip-off of many movies and characters from different movies. The story is something close to Van Helsing and some of the parts have been taken from Blade Trinity. Again some of the concepts for the story like internal wars among the factions for superiority are similar to Game of Thrones TV series. Again the concept of some ancient evil trying to take over the world is similar concept from Lord of the Rings. Then again the character of Serena from Skyrim Dawnguard is very much similar to Selena from Underworld movies series. Even the vampire lords from Both Skyrim Dawnguard and Underworld looks similar.

Not just Van Helsing, Blade Trinity, Lords of the Ring, Underworld have been used to make Skyrim Dawnguard, but also from Twilight. The concept of having vampires that can survive the sunlight is taken from Twilight movie series. Before Twilight, all I knew about vampires was that they would burn when exposed to sunlight. But here, the vampires not only survive the sunlight, but can also fight efficiently during the day. I think this is the main reason I didn’t felt like playing Skyrim Dawnguard.