Thread: Bad textures and low fps while playing Prototype 2

Bad textures and low fps while playing Prototype 2

My system is having Intel Core i7, 8 GB ram and GeForce 9600 GT and I am getting bad textures and low fps while playing Prototype 2. As far as the game system requirement is concerned I don’t think there should be any issue as such. Currently I am having original prototype and I am able to get above 65 fps with an ease where as in prototype 2 I am not even able to get above 40 fps. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has been able to fix it out as well?? I just want to fix this issue as soon as possible sol help regarding this will be highly appreciated. I have tried updating the graphic card driver to the latest and have also tried uninstalling and installing the game but those things are not appearing to be making any difference.

Re: Bad textures and low fps while playing Prototype 2

There are number of people facing the same issue, it seems as if Prototype 2 is buggy. Anyways I have found some workarounds and if you want then you can try out the same:
    • Try disabling V-sync
    • Try disabling anti-aliasing and filtering
    • Turn off SLI / Crossfire id you are running your video card in SLI
    • Turn off blur motion
    • Just try out the above solutions and let me know if anyone of them is making difference in your case.

If above solutions doesn’t help then try you can try following below solutions as well, I have found some people mentioning that these have worked out for them:
    1. Turn of all the programs running in the background and turn of other antivirus and security program that you might have installed in your system
    2. If that does not help then try running the game at lower setting , if possible then play it in Windowed Mode.
    3. You can also try running the game in compatibility mode as well, I am not sure if that will make any difference but you can surely give it a try to narrow down the cause of the issue.

So now I have tried out disabling V-sync, anti-aliasing and filtering, SLI / Crossfire as well as blur motion but no avail. Other than this I have tried turning off all the applications that were running in the background including my antivirus, unfortunately I am still out of luck. God knows what wrong with the game, I am just tired of trying out solutions now and won’t be playing the game till I come across an effective solution further. Prototype was far better than Prototype 2, I really had higher expectations with Prototype 2 after playing Prototype but it seems as if the devs have ruined the frame rate of them game.

I agree to you on that point, you are just not the one having this issue but I am going through the same. I was getting quite better fps with Prototype but Prototype 2 seems to be broken. I am not even able to get above 30 fps, while looking after a solution for this issue I have gone through its official site but no officials have replied anything yet. Since it has been a couple of days I think we will have to wait for some more days to get response from them. May be a patch can help us out for fixing this, I don’t think there is anything else that we will be able to try out after trying out the solutions that has been mentioned above. We have covered all the possible fix from our end now it’s time for them to fix it at their end, hope they fix it soon. Prototype was one of the best game that I had played and I really don’t want to give up Prototype 2 as it is appearing better, its just the low fps that is ruining the game.