Thread: After finishing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard storyline

After finishing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard storyline

I have finished playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard and I think that this game is awesome, I loved it. Thought the developers have taken a long time to bring out the dlc, I think that it is an awesome game. The best part of this game is that it extends for a long time. The total game time of mine is 45 hours. I didn’t even do many side quests until the price was good. But the main story was good. The concept of humans versus Vampires was designed nice by the developers which actually did justice to the game. What do other people think about Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard?

Re: After finishing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard storyline

What am I reading, someone is actually posting some positive content about Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard. I found the game heavily bugged and glitches. Many times the game gets stuck in one part because the people who have to kill, meet or interact in any other way disappears. Some buildings too disappear in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard.

We can’t marry Serena, then many times Serena gets stuck in some place when following us. Not just this, I had to restart my Xbox 360 many times to get the disappeared characters and buildings. Even restarting the Xbox 360 doesn’t solve the problem most of the times as the glitches com back once again after some time.

I think that most useless feature that is present in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard is the fast travel. It is virtually useless and never does anything useful. When we do fast travel from one town to another, almost every time the vampires pop out of nowhere and start attacking the town or village we enter. Also the carriage which comes to us to give us fast travel always takes us to the outer edge of the town and not in the middle of the town. I mean, most of the missions and points of interests are located inside the town and not outside. Also if you walk from one point to another the time barely changes, but if you do fast travel during the morning time, you will reach at your location in the night.

I too think that there is nothing in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard worth appreciating. I felt that some of the things were picked from movies. Also the weapons and the monsters were like taken from original Skyrim and just modified in minor way and renamed to make a new monster out of them. The story of this dlc was similar to Van Helsing, the Serena’s character was similar to Selena’s character in Underworld series.

Also the looks of Selena were closely similar to Selena of Underworld. Some of the monsters were same as in Skyrim, they just had their names changed and maybe some extra feature like fur or new texture was given. Some of the armors and weapons from Skyrim were renamed and placed with maybe new textures. I am disappointed by this game.

After playing Skyrim Dawnguard and completing it, I found the writing of the story somewhat lame. It was like the story developers were in no mood to make the game. As compared to Skyrim, this dlc lacks logic in many places. For example, from Skyrim, we have seen that humans and vampires are die hard enemies who will try to kill each other the first chance they get. But in the beginning of the story, we start as human and save a vampire girl. I mean, how this is possible. I thought that we will get to make a choice where we can kill the girl or we can hand over to the dawnguards. I was waiting for an opportunity to kill her and take if anything found on her.

But in the beginning of the story, we start as human and save a vampire girl. I mean, how this is possible. I thought that we will get to make a choice where we can kill the girl or we can hand over to the dawnguards. I was waiting for an opportunity to kill her and take if anything found on her.
    Actually since the developers wanted to make the gamers play Skyrim Dawnguard as a vampire or human, they made it this way. Just to give the game a decision taking part where one can decide to become a vampire or human, they changed the basic logic of the game. Also the time when the vampires attack the towns and villages is improper. They never attack the town when we are away from it or while we are travelling. The attack only takes place when we are present in the town and that too awake, it seems like everything is planned and timed. This awkward, like I am away from the town, they can easily attack and kill all they want, but why do they always wait for me to come and then start a fight.

Just because this game is the dlc for Skyrim and to continue to give its feel the gamers, developers have given us the decision making part. But let me tell you one thing that decision making in Skyrim Dawnguard is barely useful. The decisions don’t make much difference to the game play and neither makes one thing about what the result might be if it goes wrong. I think that the game would have worked fine without so many decision making points. The only one decision that makes the best difference and greatest effect in the game is the one where we choose to play game as human or vampire.

The story for this game doesn’t feel like it does justice to the concept of Skyrim. Just to branch off the game in two different ways, the friendship between humans and vampires is shown. Also the worst part about this branching is that both the branches of the story end in same way with same mission. I mean what was the use of all this branching then. Instead the developers could have put an single end to the game with a fixed ending. I mean, we can first finish half the game as the vampire hunter, that is human and after the middle of the game, we can become vampire and the story will end with humans getting defeated by the vampires. Other way round, we can start as vampire hunter, then we get bitten by vampire and then join vampires to fight against the humans, but then some priest cures us and makes us human again. So a linear story would have worked better than the current bad ones.

One thing that is done well in Skyrim Dawnguard is that developers have provided skill tree for the werewolves too. I was waiting for a long time for this part to be introduced. Also in Skyrim, after getting our character up to level 15 or further, it seemed like we can easily overpower almost any enemy that is present in the game. Only some few boss level monsters would become difficult. But here in Skyrim Dawnguard, this problem has been solved by making the enemies more powerful and larger in size.

Also some monsters are made to ferocious in Skyrim Dawnguard as compared to Skyrim. I think that this dlc is good to keep the Skyrim alive. I mean, in coming months people will forget that they had ever played Skyrim. So to keep the memories fresh and to keep the gamers in touch with it, this dlc is the best.

I too played Skyrim Dawnguard once as vampire and now I will again be playing as the vampire. I think that Skyrim Dawnguard is very exciting dlc and I think that developers should keep bringing such dlc once in a while. But I would like them to bring out new areas in the game rather than repeating whole new story in existing area itself. I also found the price of this dlc high in the beginning, but after playing the game, I’d say that $20 is justified for this game.

I am thinking of gifting this dlc to my cousin who is also fan of Skyrim. He plays games on PC and I hope that when this dlc is released for PC, the existing bugs and glitches are rectified.