Thread: The Secret World worth $200 is a waste of money to be purchased

The Secret World worth $200 is a waste of money to be purchased

I purchased The Secret World yesterday and started playing it. After starting the game, I played some two or three missions. The graphics are very good for this game and also the character animations. But one thing that I didn’t like about this game was that it is completely subscription based. First they made us pay $200 for the game itself and now they ask for $15 every month as subscription charges. I mean this is day light robbery. EA Games should provide at least a year long subscription with the game and then if we like the game we can buy subscription after a year. I think I have wasted $200 on The Secret World as I will have to spend more money on it. What do other people think about it?

Re: The Secret World worth $200 is a waste of money to be purchased

I too found this very bad. First you pay a huge amount of money to get a game and then spend more money to keep the account alive. So if I pay $15 for a month and if I don’t get time to play The Secret World, then the whole money will be wasted. Also my job doesn’t give me much time to play games. So The Secret World is a waste of money for me. Also the game is full of bugs. Many times the game doesn’t register the login properly. Also the travelling between the areas, when the loading comes, the game freezes lots of times. The Secret World is nowhere close to the good standards of World of Warcraft. I think, I will stick to old game, that is World of Warcraft and skip playing The Secret World.

The major turn off for me while playing The Secret World was the character design that has been done in this game. The faces of the characters seem to be irregularly deformed. I don’t know why I felt like that, but it seems like the characters had a truck run over their faces. After starting the game, I reached the part where we have to customize our characters. For every male character, the bodies are all the same and for females too the body type is same. The number of face types, hair styles and other features of the body are limited. Even after combining them in many ways, chances of the characters looking same increases. So I think that The Secret World has one big secret that all characters are clones of each other. Also there isn’t any option to have my character to communicate with NPCs by using gestures or by using pre designed dialogues.

The Secret World doesn’t provide you anything new from other MMO games other than better graphics. The developers said that the fight system will be different, but it has been made more difficult and irritating. The hotkey system in usual MMO games has been removed. Now the characters won’t use auto aiming system to kill the enemies. Rather we have to aim the gun and then shoot at every enemy. Also the guns have cool down time which makes it more irritating as after every shot I have to run around in circles to dodge enemy’s attacks. Also the animation of characters face is so weird that many times you can actually see failed lip sync. I don’t think this game deserves to ask subscription fee from the players.