Thread: Cabals in The Secret World will be single-faction

Cabals in The Secret World will be single-faction

I started playing The Secret World few days ago and so did my four friends. After joining the game and playing for some hours, we discovered way to create cabals. We were first excited that once in a cabal; we would be able to play the game together along with each other. But after we started creating a cabal, we realized that the game allows to create cabals only if all the members of same faction. Inter faction cabals are not possible. This is just wrong, I mean, how ill friends enjoy playing along with each other if such rules are applied. So according to the developers of The Secret World, if anyone is planning to play this game in group, then he/she must force his group to join same faction. Does anybody else too feel restricted because of such rules in the game?

Re: Cabals in The Secret World will be single-faction

I too found that group formation in The Secret World is very restricted. It seems like EA Games want to create discrimination among the members of various factions. It is just a game and developers should have given option to add members of different faction in our cabal. Now even if playing the same game, me and my friends won’t be able to play together. I know that if players from different factions were allowed to come together in a same game, it will spoil the realism. I know that secret organizations like Illuminati, Templar and the Dragon had never worked together. But this is just a game, it won’t change history in anyway. So what was the harm in having the feature of letting players from different factions come together in same game.

Re: Cabals in The Secret World will be single-faction

I don’t think that you have played the game properly or maybe reached to the point in game where you will notice that inter faction cabals are possible to create. You can add them to your cabal and play PvP matches with them. You can also chat with them and trade items. I don’t know how much you played this game. But I assure you that there is option to add the members of other faction in your group. You can even have private chat with the friends in your cabal and also play mission along with them. So the inter cabal system is not restricted and you get any member in or out of your cabal. Also since this game is made as MMO, it is necessary to build friendship in the game. To achieve this you need to have the cabal system.