Thread: Different locations or worlds in The Secret World

Different locations or worlds in The Secret World

I have just purchased The Secret World and I have started playing it. I have played this game for few hours and I have completed some two or three missions. I have a friend who is a hardcore gamer and he said that this game will have a large world with many locations. I don’t play many games as my job doesn’t needs me to work for long hours. I liked the way in which the environment is designed in The Secret World and especially the graphics. Since I won’t get to play much, I am curious how the levels that come as the game progresses will look like. I also wanted to know how many worlds are there in this game. Can somebody provide me information about the locations in The Secret World so that I know how big the world is and how much time will I need to spend?

Re: Different locations or worlds in The Secret World

The best place that I found in The Secret World is The Polaris. It is an icy place like at the North Pole with fog everywhere. For a long time, many ships have remained trapped here and the crew on it has perished. Due to the presence of magical elements, the dead crew has been converted into walking corpse by name Draug. The Polaris is the name of the ship which has crashed in these icy lands due to low visibility caused by the fog which was carrying the cargo. For a long time, these Draugs have been residing at the place. They have evolved enough to match their skin with the fog in this area. They have lost their human form to use their abilities and develop new powers and abilities. These Draugs are bound to live in this area and to never leave it. The material out of which the Dr4augs were formed long time back, have given birth to a larger beast which is unknown to anyone.

Another location that I found interesting The Secret World is the Kingsmouth Lighthouse. This lighthouse was built by Illuminati many years ago when they were in power. The intention of having this lighthouse was to guide ships away from the bank where it might crash into rocks. But more than this, Illuminati used this lighthouse to mark their area. The lighthouse has its wall inscribed with ancient writings and cryptic codes. Not only this, but there are many secrets in this lighthouse. There are many secret passages and stairways that take many places. This Kingsmouth Lighthouse has remained vacant for a long time as it was automated long time back. An author came to live there but he died soon. People now say that they hear gunshots from top part of the lighthouse.

The most scariest place I found in The Secret World was the The Accursed Woods. This forest is so deep and filled with oversized trees, which the branches and the stem form cavern like structures in it. Located in New England, the roots of the trees seem to be coming out which gives an eerie feeling to the forest. This forest have existed for thousands of years, but nobody ever claimed the land neither did anyone live here. The dogs keep howling here and birds make strange voices. These forests have been silent for all these years, but now the unknown evil things have started to come out of their nests. Buried deep in the stems of the huge trees were the fouls nests. Now that these unknown beasts are out, they will soon travel to Kingsmouth Lighthouse. Another creepy place is Innsmouth Academy in The Secret World. This is an academy located on a remote island near the coast of Maine. This academy is for children of affluent families. But the secret behind this academy is that it admits children who have special abilities, more specifically magical abilities. Innsmouth Academy was started by Illuminati to nurture the special abilities and develop magicians and occultists. This academy has seen many disasters and unhappy events in past. These events include fire and earthquakes. But the worst of them was an opening of an inter-dimensional portal which wreaked havoc. But due to intelligent and wise headmasters during whole history, this academy has been saved all the times. But now the school remains empty with devilish happenings everywhere. The presence of occult has created creatures and powers that can create a great problem.

Atlantic Island Park is my favorite area as it has the scariest past. This park was built in 70s to attract the urban crowd to the rural areas. This park was meant to be the best park and the ideal park as shown in pictures. The villagers opposed to building of this park as they sad that the land is cursed. But the person who wished to build the park never listened. After the park was built many freak accidents occurred. But they were ignored. Stories of workers committing suicide started spreading. But still the park was kept open. After some years, the rides started falling off without any reason. The things went out of hand when two entertainers in park stabbed two teenagers to death. The park was closed within 8 years and now it lies unattended and haunted. Overlook Motel is another location in The Secret World close to Atlantic Island Park. This motel is older than the park and it was closed down long time ago. When working, people used to crowd there during seasons. But now it lies closed with only dead souls wandering around it.

I think that you will love Chapel of the Prince for its creepiness. This chapel was built in 14th century in honor of some prince. Along with chapel, it is surrounded by graveyard filled with tombstones. But since many centuries no one has visited this chapel and the graveyard. Due to the atmospheric conditions, the tombstones have withered out and have become smooth. The doors of the chapel remain broken and the walls unkempt. The place now remains haunted and the soli smells rotten. It is one of the silent places in the game but will scare you nice. The Crash Site is another place that I liked. This is located in the deserts of Egypt engulfed by desert and rough planes on all sides. This place was used by Pharaohs slaves and madmen as residence. After the attack of the rebellions, the place became dead. There is no mention of this place in history and thus it remains a well hidden secret. In recent times, archeologists uncovered this place on to find horror. Horror in form of fact that this place was never meant for the living, but only for the dead.

The London is also depicted as a creepy place in The Secret World. London has past of wars between the Vikings, The Celts and The Romans. But now in modern times, London is filled with normal people, normal shops. But now with Pagan Incantations have caused the ancient horrors to return. The ancient Roman posters have started appearing on the wall. The Templars have turned up to protect the civilization here. To study the paranormal activities, members of many secret societies have shown up. The streets are patrolled by the policemen to protect and fight against any unlikely happenings. Many sphinxes and crypts have raised, the storm suddenly changes which actually is a warning for something dangerous is about to happen.

New York is another location in the world of The Secret World. It has alligators in the sewers and secret societies operating in secret. New York has past of having presence of occult. Illuminati recognized the value of its history and shifted its bases here. In the large corporate world of New York, Illuminati operate silently underground. The plans of Illuminati are to convert New York City into a dark with black glasses on the buildings, dark grafittis in various places and covered CCTV cameras. They want to raise golden towers which will disrupt the flow of energy within the city. The members of Illuminati have started gathering in New York in secret warehouses and tombs. There are conspiracies and rumors going around the city while Illuminati practices occult. Seoul is also part of The Secret World. Once a bright city with bright neons and lights, Korea’s city has gone dark with psychic fortress compromised. The reason for this downfall is the Dragon. This community has dug its roots deep into society’s working and has now disrupted it. Now Seoul is lurking with evil powers and spiritual fortune. The Dragon has established many bases all over Seoul and has been expanding its power deeper. The fate of the city lies in hands of the Dragon. The civilians of Seoul debate on whose side they should live.

I bet that Blue Mountain will really scare you. It combines all the famous evils that we know. This mountain is filled with evil powers lurking at every corner, the local Wabanaki tribe has started an open with the evil here. For many years, bloody battles have taken place here. The swamps are polluted and the haunted points like Skull Island, Kraken Point, The Franklin Mansion and the abandoned mine have been covered by evil. The Scorched Desert located in Egypt has been cursed by the evil Pharaoh from the history. A small valley which has been filled with stories of monster and ancient cults in temples have spread fear among the people living near it. The good and the bad secret societies have fought for many years to free this land of evil.