Thread: Battlefield 3 crashing constantly with MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II (SLI)

Battlefield 3 crashing constantly with MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II (SLI)

My gaming system is running with 2 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II (SLI). I never had any problem with that with any of the games. But since i started playing Battlefield 3 on the same specs, i started getting problem. My game crashes every time in a duration of 4 to 6 minutes. This happens as soon as I start the game and all my computer freezes. The only way left for me is to hard reboot the system. i searched for workaround this, found many articles with the same problem but dint found any proper fix yet. Everything is running in the 100% stock settings. Is there any one here who can help me on this?

Re: Battlefield 3 crashing constantly with MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II (SLI)

I think you MSI afterburner can help you out in such situation. There are few settings you need to make and you will require MSI Afterburner for the same. You just need to slowdown your card, lets say to Core clock to 820 and simultaneously increase the voltage to 1.075. But remember that such high voltage can be risk for your mobo. Also you should try updating your system drivers.

I am running MSI 560 TI OC and played BF3 when it came out. i wasn't having any issue with the same running on ultra with the card running on 68 fp with 1920X1080. Currently i am running at medium settings and the card is running full out. If you search on Nvida website the simplest settings for this card is ultra however if you run ultra or high setting you will definitely get problems such as freeze, black screen, CTD, etc.

Even i faced problems with my EVGA 560ti sc ds card and BF3. but only while switching to ultra settings. It looks the graphich card cannot handle the anti-aliasing deferred setting. I still have kept the ultra settings ON however flipped off the Anti Aliasing setting. Guess what, there is no more such problems on my system. Now only the problem i notice is that my card is getting very hot but am able to fix that bu turning the fan to 100 percent. I think even some 570's and 580's are experiencing similar problems. It looks quality of vram on the graphic card may also be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Olikodi View Post
    My gaming system is running with 2 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II (SLI). I never had any problem with that with any of the games. But since i started playing Battlefield 3 on the same specs, i started getting problem. My game crashes every time in a duration of 4 to 6 minutes. This happens as soon as I start the game and all my computer freezes. The only way left for me is to hard reboot the system. i searched for workaround this, found many articles with the same problem but dint found any proper fix yet. Everything is running in the 100% stock settings. Is there any one here who can help me on this?
    I have the same GTX 580 SLI MSI Twin Frozr II that's overclocked out of the box at 800MHz . i used to be having the casual crashes . The only way that I managed to resolve this problem is to downclock the core clocks of my 580s using MSI Afterburner to round 761MHz. The crashes have stopped since than however i am still confused why do I actually have to try and do this? I am running a CPU and GPU identical setup. I've tried fixing the voltages on each cards by low margin to 1060 from 1025 with MSI afterburner.