Thread: Diablo III stuck at 0% with error "Tracker is not responding"

Diablo III stuck at 0% with error "Tracker is not responding"

Dont know what is wrong with my system or the game. Whenevr am trying to install the game i get an error message saying "Tracker is not responding and stuck at 0%." This is really annoying. I tried installing thrice but still the same error with one more message saying "Your computer appears to be behind a firewall". I though my firewall is causing the problem, hence i disabled it but still the same situation.

FYI, i am using windows 7 connected with a Linksys router. Checked every settings including lan, internet options, opened the ports specified for Diablo 3, etc but noone of them worked. Can any one of you here help me on this ?

Re: Diablo III stuck at 0% with error "Tracker is not responding"

Same issue with me as well. I have tried everything that is possible including turning Firewall off, turning on/off the Peer-to-peer but that is not solving anything. It seems to me that the problem is noway related to the internet connection because all settings are proper. So what could be the reason behind it. So request you guys to please help us with any suggestions, because I am not that technical savvy and I really want to play this game.

most probably this seems to be the port access issue. Many proxy servers, firewalls, as well as Internet connection has the technique that can be blocked by the port access. I guess your configuration is blocking the packets from unknown sources. And if that is the reason than you need to define any IP Address to those unknown source. because after doing this, proxies and firewall will consider it secure OR known source. This may help you, just give it a try.

As there are huge number of gamers facing the same, it seems like a common issue. Nothing is helping at the moment, no matter i tried port forwarding, disabled P2P, even restarted the system, etc. Nothing works. I even checked the tech support but they said they're not blocking it. It looks like the is somewhere related to campus-wide internet, because I have noticed that all the people located near it are facing this issue. So i guess moving to some another network can fix it, not sure but we should give it a try.