Thread: Max Payne 3 in game picture seems stretched

Max Payne 3 in game picture seems stretched

I installed Max Payne 3 in my computer yesterday and started it. The resolution in which the game started was not proper for my screen. The picture looked like stretched for my screen. I am using a monitor which has aspect ratio of 16:9. I went into the settings to see if the resolution and other details are properly set are not. There in the options of Max Payne 3 I saw that by default the resolution was set to one with aspect ratio of monitors with aspect ratio of 4:3. I changed the resolution of the game to my desired resolution along with other display settings. But when I tried to save the game, there is no option for saving the changes. Now Max Payne 3 on my PC is stuck on a resolution of aspect ratio 4:3 whereas I want the game to run in resolution of aspect ratio 16:9. Did anyone else too experienced such problem?

Re: Max Payne 3 in game picture seems stretched

Yes, this problem is commonly seen in many games of Max Payne 3 PC version. The resolution of the game gets stuck on one resolution without giving any option to change it. Rockstar Games had announced the existence of this problem and many people also confirmed that they were facing it. So the developers have released a patch for Max Payne 3 which can be downloaded from official website of Rockstar Games. It will rectify the error and let you play the game in desired resolution and aspect ratio.