Thread: Max Payne 3 Multiplayer error "Incompatible Data"

Max Payne 3 Multiplayer error "Incompatible Data"

I have started playing Max Payne 3 game on my XBOX 360 console and I am facing problem while playing game in Multiplayer mode. Many times I get error "Incompatible Data" while playing in Multiplayer.

I have opened system setting in my XBOX 360 and then selected “memory” from console setting. Next i opened device option of the hard drive and then cleared system cache from there. After clearing the system cache when I started playing Max Payne 3 game at that time I get same problem.

I am using Linksys WRT160N V3 router. I have also tried to solve this problem by re-downloading the game but result was same. Please help me out with this.

Re: Max Payne 3 Multiplayer error "Incompatible Data"

This problem might be occurred because any other player using incompatible NAT type. I will suggest you to test Xbox connection with the help of following steps open “System Settings” in your Xbox and then go to the “Network Settings” option. Now after that you have select “Test Xbox LIVE Connection”. Once test is over you have to choose info option and see which type of connection you have. If you see “moderate connection” or “strict NAT connection” type then you have to open your router setup page and then setup “open NAT” and after doing that you will not get any error while playing Max Payne 3 in Multiplayer.

If you don’t know about to set open NAT then I will help you with this. You have mentioned that you are using Linksys router and you below are the steps to setup open NAT for Linksys. You have to first open Linksys router configuration page and then select “application and gaming” option. Now enter “Xbox 360” in the application box, enter “80” in the start and end box.

You have to select “Both” option in protocol and then you have to open your xbox 360 dashboard and then note down its IP address. After doing that you have to put in the IP address box. Select “enabled” check box and below that you have to again put all the XB360 in application and enter 3074 for start and end and then fill other details like you have done earlier and then you have to save that setting. Now restart your router and then start playing Max Payne 3 game. I hope these steps will resolve your problem.

Similar problem occurred with me also while playing Max Payne 3 and when I did connection test on Xbox 360 at that time I come to know that I was using strict NAT and then I have setup open NAT from my Netgear router setting and after doing that when I started playing game i found that my problem is solved.

You should also try this solution and then see whether you can play Max Payne 3 without any error or not?

Hello friends I am facing similar type of problem with Max Payne 3 game. I am playing it on my PlayStation 3, while searching information on internet I come to know that while getting this error if we go back to main menu and then again select multiplayer option then this problem can get resolved but it does not work in my case.

I have also opened Network setting on my PlayStation 3 and performed connection test and it shows that I am having open NAT type. I am using Netgear router and I firmware on my router is up to date. What should I do to get rid of this problem? Thank you in advance

To get rid of this you have to Go to the settings in your PlayStation 3 and then select “Network Settings” and after that you have to choose “Internet Connection Settings”.

Now you have to select “custom” option and then you have to open UPnP option enable it. Also open netgear router configuration page and then you have to choose UPnP option under Advanced section (On left side of the Netgear configuration page) and then check “Turn UPnP on” feature. Now you have to save that setting and then restart your router and then check what the result is. May be this solution will fix this problem.

I have fixed this problem by enabling the DMZ on my netgear router. First I have thought that problem is with the game and that is why I have tried to fix this problem by downloading the Max Payne game on my PlayStation 3 again but that does not make any difference.

I have also set up open NAT but problem occurred after that also. Now after that one my friend have told me to enabling the DMZ will fix this problem and then I have tried this solution and now my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.

There are many users who have solve this problem by setting up port forwarding for their Router and then changing the IP address to Static. If above solution does not helped you resolve this issue then you can also try this. if you have done any network filtering setting then disable it and then check whether it makes any difference or not? you have to also try to play Max Payne 3 game after disabling the Firewall option because in many cases this type of problem takes place because of the Firewall. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.