Thread: Looking for Manual to Change Gears in DiRT Showdown

Looking for Manual to Change Gears in DiRT Showdown

This game for me is a real disaster. I have played so many car racing game and I am pretty sure that this is not a bug, but there is no manual provided to change gears in different cars. This is the modern car game which have so many choice of cars, but you can’t change the gears or remember them how they work. It is okay when someone is playing with controller but the guys like me who have wheel controller will kill the fun.

Re: Looking for Manual to Change Gears in DiRT Showdown

I definitely need the option or some kind of help to track the gear change. It is fine for kids to set it on Automatic gear mode. So that is quiet easier for them to play. I don’t understand why just Automatic gear shifting is adopted when they can keep manual also.

The fact that it was important for not including the manual gears option because this game is based on the destruction based modes that means that you have to simply pick the car and play. Setting the game manually will not fit on this kind of the game, it may not be going to work smoothly in the gameplay point of view. The thing you people looking for is beyond the scope of this game. I mean realism can’t be achieve and how can you control the car when it crashes. If the gears will be manual then you have to constantly shift the gears.

Fair enough I get the point, you mean to say the game is made to play by everyone. That can be expert gamer or new or casual gamer. But do you think it will be fun for expert for making the game more easier. I don’t know if I am correct or not but if I would buy the game then only my bother will going to play. It is good for newbies.

Well I don’t completely agree with you, the thing that you are ignoring here is this game is based on the arcade mode. The player of this type of game hardly use the manual gears as an option. It just don’t suite the play style. The DiRT Showdown type of game can be played with automatic gear shifting also.

That is correct, the game is actually destruction based here you will need to control the car not the gear. I will be really annoyed if I have to every time adjust the gear again and again while controlling the car. In the gameplay point of view the developer had decided to cut back the manual transition of the gear. I am sure when you play the game you will be understand, why the codemasters has decided to remove the option of the manual shift .