Thread: Getting only 30-40 fps performance from DiRT Showdown demo

Getting only 30-40 fps performance from DiRT Showdown demo

I have recently Started playing DiRT Showdown demo and the problem that I am facing with the game is that I am getting low fps even after having 2 GTX680s in SLI. I mean I am just getting around 30-40 fps where as my friend are able to get around 60+ fps without any issues. I am playing the game in ultra mode at 4xAA and running the same on 5760x1080p resolution. I am willing to get the game this week but I think I will get the same poor performance with it as I am getting in the DiRT Showdown demo. Is there anyone else who has faced the same with the demo or the DiRT Showdown game itself and has an idea about the issue?

Re: Getting only 30-40 fps performance from DiRT Showdown demo

I have been facing the same issue with DiRT Showdown demo. My system has intel Core i7 860, GeForce GTX 480, 8 gb of ram, Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. When I am running the game on highest settings in dx11 1080p then I am getting around 50 fps. I have played Dirt 2 with the same settings before and I was able to get around 80 fps without any issues. I have faced game crashes as well, I really did not expected the game to run like this.

I am not able to track out the possible cause of the issue. I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the system like I have said I have played Dirt 2 before on the same system without any issues. Is there anything I can do about it?? I want to solve this out with demo of the game before getting the original game. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Hey guys I am not very sure if this will work or not but I have found some trouble shooting regarding the same, just try it out and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.
    • First get the latest driver for your graphic card.
    • After that Disable Motion Blur, Disable Shadows and Disable Triple Buffering.

Just try running the game with these changes and see if you are able to get the desired fps or not. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhapriyan S Subramaniyam View Post
    Hey guys I am not very sure if this will work or not but I have found some trouble shooting regarding the same, just try it out and see if it is making any difference in your case or not.
    • First get the latest driver for your graphic card.
    • After that Disable Motion Blur, Disable Shadows and Disable Triple Buffering.

Just try running the game with these changes and see if you are able to get the desired fps or not. Best of luck.
    Thanks for the same but I have tried making the above changes and it is not appearing to be making any difference in my case. By now I have tried running the game on low settings and on 800x600 resolution but I did not had any luck. I have tried updating the graphic card to the latest and have tried running the game in windowed mode as well but when the game starts then the menu appears to be sluggish where as I get the same low fps throughout the game. After your suggestion I have tried Disabling Motion Blur, Disabling Shadows and Disabling Triple Buffering and I still did not had any luck.

I think that there is something wrong with the game itself as I have played other games on the same machine and I have not yet faced such low fps, I used to get minimum 65 above but for DiRT Showdown demo I am getting around 50 fps. I hope that this issue stays with the demo and not with the original DiRT Showdown. I will be buying the game tomorrow and will test it out and post back if this issue exist in the demo or the original game as well. Till then if anyone finds any workaround for fixing this out then please share it here. It will be very grateful.

I really don’t think that there is any issue with the game, My system specification is as followed:
    • i7 950 @ 3.2 GHz
    • 12 GB DDR3
    • Radeon HD 6770 1 GB
    • DirectX 11.0
    • Windows 7 64-bit

I have been paying the DiRT Showdown demo on medium video settings with 4x MSAA and on 1920x1080 resolution with vsync enabled and I have not yet faced any such issues. I am able to get 60+ fps without any issues. I mean no stuttering no lag at all, there might be something wrong with your system, just wanted to know that any of you have tried playing the game on medium video settings, 4x MSAA, 1920x1080 resolution with vsync enabled ?? If not then try out the same and let me know the response you are getting for this settings. If that does not help then I think that you will have to probably wait for a patch to fix this.

I have found one testing out the DiRT Showdown demo with the below settings on medium and he had not faced low fps and was able to get 60+ fps easily. So if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is helping.
    • Resolution-1920*1080
    • Multisampling- 2 x MSAA
    • Full screen- on
    • Refresh rate- 60
    • Vysnc- off
    • Aspect ratio- 16: 9
    • Gamma- 1.0

Juts check it out and let me know what you get.