Thread: DiRT Showdown Car Speed bug found

DiRT Showdown Car Speed bug found

I was so damn excited about the game and was waiting for it since long back as it has been long time that I have played some good destruction derby games. Really by the previews I thought that the game is really awesome and even the videos were so exciting. It has inclusion of good fun destructive derby. I downloaded the demo on the Xbox as soon as the game was released and loaded it up as I was very excited about the Showdown. I just went into the first race and was terrified by what I saw and experienced. My car was going to the maximum speed of just 5mph I did not understand anything initially but after some time I tried changing the controls but the problem still existed. I have changed the controller settings for at least 3 to 4 times but it’s of no worth.

Re: DiRT Showdown Car Speed bug found

I think that there can be some errors during the download or at the time of installation so may be because of that you are facing this issue. I installed the demo and it is working fine for me I wonder there might be some installation errors. I will simply recommend you to download the game again and reinstall it and see whether it works fine for you or not. May re-installation will work.

May be the issue is caused due to your Xbox 360 game defaults. In the Showdown there is no support for “Manual Gears” so if you have set your preferences to manual gears then your car will not get out of the first gear? If such thing happens then it is but obvious that the car will not get the speed more than 5mph, so to get your car some speed you will have to change some of the settings. You can easily change your default to automatic click the 360 guide button then scroll right to the settings then go to profile game defaults and Racing after this reboot the demo and check your problem will be fixed.

I checked my profile settings and it was set to automatic so I just quit the Xbox 360 dashboard and after that rebooted the demo as well as my system and to my surprise the game is now working fine. May be that’s the glitch in the system you will have to restart the Demo so that you are able to run your car at the same speed again.