Thread: DiRT Showdown won’t have career mode like the dirt rally games used to have?

DiRT Showdown won’t have career mode like the dirt rally games used to have?

I played the demo version of DiRT Showdown which gave us some time to play the limited set of races. From the trailer I don’t see any presence of the career mode in this game. Generally racing games have trailers showing something related to the career mode, like start with weak car in small scale races and eventually gain reputation to challenge the big daddies of the races. But I haven’t seen any footage or video that is hinting the existence of career mode. What do other fans of racing think about it? Will it be such game where you just have to select track, select car and start racing?

re: DiRT Showdown won’t have career mode like the dirt rally games used to have?

There will be a career mode in DiRT Showdown because on one website I found the types of races that will be available in this game. They had mentioned ten types of race events for single player mode. Along with these names, they had mentioned which race types will only be available for career mode only and cannot be played as single race or on multiplayer mode. Eliminator, Smash Hunter and Hard Target were the race types that had specific mention about being available only through career mode. This means that DiRT Showdown will have a career mode. I myself couldn’t find many details about this game. Hope the career mode is interesting rather than just having races in sequence.