Thread: Some Thoughts on Alan Awake's American Nightmare

Some Thoughts on Alan Awake's American Nightmare

I already played Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare. I had great time with the those two games. I am hoping that same fun would continue with releasing of Sequel of Alan Wake. Do you having any special comments regarding new things to implemented into Alan Wake 2 the feel free to comment about the same. Let me know if you are having comments on above mentioned thing will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Some Thoughts on Alan Awake's American Nightmare

I do agree that story of Alan Wake was really nice. However I am bit disappointed as it failed to do well in the market. It was very first Xbox 360 game which I really loved to play. So far the developer of the game kept silence to about the development of sequel.

The sequel should be Microsoft exclusive in my opinion. The Story should be bigger and scary as compared to previous title. Before releasing of new sequel they would also release enough amount of S DLC pack that a gamer can enjoy a lot. Another point is that developer team of Remedy pretty small so to development cost of sequel will not be higher at all. So I am hoping that they are going to make Alan Wake 2.

I do agree that they did not made any announcement about said sequel. But I am expecting that it will be available in the market really soon. It takes lots of time to create engine, tools, NPC characters and all other stuffs. The things becomes quite easy one development above mentioned thing is done. So I am expecting that next title will be developed small development cycle. The Alan Wake American Nightmare took around eight months to develop completely. Alan Wake was based on Stephen King stories where as Alan Wake American Nightmare based on Stories written by Tarantino. Hence I am expecting that Alan Wake 2 should be based Lovecraftian.

The Alan Wake already has Lovecraft element that can be found into Stephen King stories. For Alan Wake 2 they need to change the theme as well as characters. Previous title had both elements in fair amount. So according to me new sequel should be having totally new themes and characters as well. So there would be great experience while playing new title.

Alan Wake 2 should be based on TV series in genre so there should be less horror scenes in the game. Explanation about every single thing should be removed from the game as it completely removes suspense thing from the game. We need to complete given goals in previous title so it simply reduces mystery elements at long run of gameplay.

In my opinion it should be improved I did not found much scary as I supposed to expect. There is difference between what Alan wake is feeling in the game and gamer itself. Also they should thing about the gameplay mode as well. It should be totally different from whatever provided into previous title. I will really appreciate if they provide a mode based on some old monument or building. There is need of improving ratio of light and darkness in the game. Even sanity system systems should be improved.

We know that it is completely story based game, the developer did not focused on the gameplay by any mean. Well in upcoming sequel there should be more settings made to enhance the gameplay. More content should be provided so that we can explore more and more. They should provide completely new things to play the game. There were lots of gamers who are saying that it is not scary as compared to other gaming title available in the market. Right now we are able to play into night mode only. So I will really appreciate if we can play Alan Wake 2 into day. Character interaction is limited so it should be improved.