Thread: Some Events in The Walking Dead are senseless

Some Events in The Walking Dead are senseless

I completed the first episode of The Walking Dead yesterday. After playing it, I realized that there was something wrong in the mission where we needed to save Duck or Shawn. I was in the house and from the window I saw that zombies had attacked the area and the mission needed me to run out of the house and save Duck and Shawn. When I saw outside the window, the tractor was broken with Shawn lying under it with his leg crushed under the axle. The most senseless thing that I found at this scene was if there is a zombie attack or any tragedy takes place, then first reaction of people is to panic and run around. It can be understood for Shawn has his leg trapped and thus he cannot run. But Duck is still sitting on the tractor like he cannot hear or see staring blankly. He neither tries to escape from that place, neither does he tries to help Shawn. Also seen in that seen is that a zombie is pulling Shawn’s trapped leg from under the tractor when I see from the house’s window. But when I reach the scene to rescue Shawn, the same zombie is now reached his shoulder. Also after reaching the shoulder, the zombies hasn’t bitten Shawn and the Zombie just keeps roaring while Duck still sits on tractor being hit by them.

Also other thing that I didn’t understand was why we are made to run towards the back door and then take a round around the house to reach the spot of zombie attack. When such disaster strikes, I think any person will try to reach it using the shortest route possible. The front door of the house directly leads to the tractor where the zombies are creating problem. Did anyone else also find some weird event in The Walking Dead?

Re: Some Events in The Walking Dead are senseless

The situation that you have described is weird and even I couldn’t help laughing at it. They could have at least shown that Duck is grabbed by the zombies and he is yelling and struggling to get out of their clutches. I too agree that the front door should have been open as it would have taken to the spot quicker. I found the zombies in this event very lame, I mean, their target is within their reach, they are also not trying to resist, they could have easily bitten them in any part of the body. Another foolish thing that developers have done here in this scene is that of use of plank. In other parts of the game, one is able to equip them with plank and hit the zombies on their head. But in that mission, plank is given to bring out the tractor out of the mud pit before the zombies kill Duck and Shawn. I mean, one can easily hit the zombies with plank on their head to kill them.

Also this will create a distraction and it will give some space to Duck and Shawn to escape to safety. I think making one use the plank to remove Tractor from mud-pit is the weirdest idea according to the situation in the game.

After you rescue Duck and Shawn, Shawn starts limping due to the injury on his feet. But after he gets his leg bandaged and after eating the pain killers he is seen limping. But when situation arises he is able to kick the zombies in their faces. But the scene where there are zombies on other side of the fence and we need to break the fence and kill the zombies, Shawn suddenly stops kicking and we need to save him every time he comes under attack. Also the again here Lee, our character can again use plank to hit the zombies. This is insane. First of all, a person who is willing to survive will do anything. He will even use his injured limb no matter how much pain he is in. Also with such big noises and commotion, it takes long time for Shawn’s dad to come out of the house with the shotgun.

I think that the complete farm level is filled with problems or maybe the developers didn’t work on it properly. We are given decision to save either Shawn or Duck. According to the comics, Shawn is meant to die anyways in the later events. So if we save Duck, Shawn dies which changes the events in the middle stages. If we choose to save Shawn then Duck dies, but again the story proceeds according to the comics. As there is not much involvement of Duck, it works properly. What I mean to say is that, farm level is the only place where the game goes off the track from the story as depicted in comics. I think that developers wanted to give the players an difficult situation to make decisions, but this attempt has failed and doesn’t go right with fans of The Walking Dead.