Thread: Can I play Warlock: Master of the Arcane with Radeon X1950 Crossfire?

Can I play Warlock: Master of the Arcane with Radeon X1950 Crossfire?

Hello friends, I would like to know something about this game, as I have order a copy of it for me, but when I have checked the system requirement then it was stating that I should be having GeForce GT240 512 Mb graphics card or any other one which is comparable with this one, but the problem is that I am using the Radeon X1950 Crossfire card on my system, so the main question is that will I be able to play this game on my graphics card or not? I have played couple of other games on it that too with better settings, so before installing this game on my system, I would like to know that is this card supported for game or not, if it is not supported then for which one I should go for? Please do advice me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can I play Warlock: Master of the Arcane with Radeon X1950 Crossfire?

I would like to tell share some information about GeForce GT240 card, such that GeForce 9600 GSO was a snip from the 9800 series, where the number of processors in the core trimmed to 96. But unlike a joke, this is not the same as G92, again and again fitted to all types of PCB in the world, and the new chip, the new crystal, code-named GT215. It was the time to move to GDDR5, which features can reduce the tire to the good old cheap 128 bits, but leaving a very high bandwidth. Therefore, the chip was released, received the official name of the GeForce GT 240, which is manufactured by 40nm process, because the core has turned to the small size and lower power consumption, and repeats the characteristics of the previous GeForce 9600/9600 GSO only in terms of 96 stream processors, but the number of texture and raster module is reduced, as amended and the bus - now only supports 128-bit combined with GDDR5, although possibly installing and GDDR3.

However, one cannot simply assume that the 9600 updated and issued as something new. GT 240 has some of the new features such that it is having full support for technology CUDA, PhysX, 3D-Vision. Even it does support DirectX 11, 10.1 (which has long been available from the same RADEON HD 4670). Therefore, the new product will be very hard to compete with such products as RADEON HD 5750, if the price drops to the level of the last GT 240. So I do not think that the same thing will be there in Radeon X1950 Crossfire card.

Re: Can I play Warlock: Master of the Arcane with Radeon X1950 Crossfire?

Well with the Radeon X1950, the manufacturer has good aces. Indeed, as all chips like "RV", the RV570 chip is designed for economic midrange. Engraved in 80 nm, it has more units "deactivated", which has reduced its size to 238 mm against more than 350 mm for a R580. Incidentally, the Crossfire has been redesigned with the Compositing Engine integration directly into the die. In the process, ATI has simplified PCB, added an internal CrossFire connector and a revised cooling system. While the Radeon X1800 GTO and Radeon X1900 GT were respectively R520 and R580 of appeal generally unable to function with all the texture units and / or pixel shaders enabled the Radeon X 1950 Pro use a specific chip. If recycling of chips premium "decommissioned" is interesting to quickly produce mid-range cards. The maps thus produced require complex PCB and cooling muscular pulling prices upwards. So if you just check out then I do not think that it will be supported by the game at all and I do believe that get the GeForce GT 240 or a higher one for you.