Thread: Keyboard Shortcuts in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Keyboard Shortcuts in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I just loved this game and ordered this game and been playing this from last two days, its graphics has really improved and impressed me a lot and the region where we need to use forces of three races, along with summons as well as wild creatures are really impressive. It has really cool features with innovating city management system with fewer routine actions along with some epic battles with great armies marching crossways the countryside, but this is taking time as I need to explore whole area and taking much time to complete all the levels. I am just in search of any key board shortcuts which will help me further to play this game. I am playing this game in mid level and there comes a region where I need to sleep until enemy unit enters sight. So this is an continuous process and requires an keyboard shortcut for the same. I also needed some keyboard shortcuts for Auto-explore and cast spell. I need some which will really help my game to get close to the target and will enable to play this game smartly. So can you provide me the same for wait and go to next unit and also for Center on unit shortcuts. Please provide me soon for the same.

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts in Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I have some keyboard shortcuts which will really help you to provide you some information and will help you to perform quickly. So you have F5 for QuickSave, G for Guard Mode H for turning Hex on and off. You might be knowing shortcut for F9 for Load QuickSave. [ and ] for cycling through units . so as you inquired regarding opening and closing Cast Spell you need to press Alt-C. And for opening and closing Research you need to press Alt-R. And finally for taking screenshots, you can get close to F12. And E will enable you to cause a unit to explore for that turn.

It was stated that you could get sufficient information regarding shortcuts and the way to play in this game from beginners guide but unluckily neither the guidebook nor the beginners guide in fact explain the rules correctly, and there isn't sufficient in-game assist to recompense. For example, there's no means to locate out what particular buildings you are able to build on a particular resource until you in fact have a city close by. There's no sign as to what, if any, influence the terrain surrounding a city is. There's no sign as to how much movement an usual tile will take to shift across. It'll all be put right by fans soon enough, but it's still a bit irritating.

After playing this game and looking around for shortcuts , I was really feeling irritating as E does give the impression to set units to Explore. And so I tried my best to explore through the city and it was found that you need to click tab when a city is selected to cycle through them but this is isn’t noted and mentioned in beginners guide as well and all you need to do some experiments on keys to know some of the keyboard shortcuts.

This game in fact requires a comprehensive manual as well as tooltips. The lone thing you can right-click for info are units, so I was unable to see the stats of ground tiles, resources you don't manage on the map, buildings on the map and so forth It came to my notice that [ and ] is used for cycling through units and that will not tend to work if you are with Danish keyboard with different mappings. Later, it came from some sources that in spanish keyboard you can make use of the keys directly above [ and ] to cycle units . but you also need to need to choose a unit, and it would be more convenient using the alerts.

I am presently playing the Beta, and I sincerely hope that the release edition will have keyboard shortcuts (KS).The two main issues, related to the lack of KS, in my edition are when you pick the units' accessible -for-order button which is present on the right section of the screen, you have to move the mouse way over to the left edge so that you are able to execute orders and along with pressing a key to hand over an order and as for consideration, you need to press D for defend, and would be quicker and less tedious. When a unit is chosen, it is not simple to deselect it totally or to cancel its order. So can you state some reason for the same?