Thread: Risen 2: Dark Waters all DLC are unlockable per Console

Risen 2: Dark Waters all DLC are unlockable per Console

as far as I know story islands as well as pirate clothes DLC are part of Risen 2: Dark Waters. If someone is downloading DLC to purchase the same then it supposed to getting activate with the game itself. Also you need to download dialogue_language_dlc3.pak in order to get spoken dialogue. If I am not wrong Treasure Island DLC is of 48MB. There are people found a way to get into Test Mode. you will be able to get enter into test mode by simply typing ‘pommes’ without any quotes. Once you entered it would display TestMode Activated and it should be enable console. it can be easily opened with ‘^’ available at left side of ‘1’. After doing the same DLC helpers starts to work. Once you have activated DLC it should be fully functional. If you are not able to get any conversation into the game then you can have subtitle on the screen which you can read to get the idea of conversation. Steam Achievements are working fine as well. so I don’t think so DLC is cutout from game.

Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters all DLC are unlockable per Console

well I am wondering that they are going to provide Capcom style of DLC. I mean all content is locked on Disc. you have to purchase the disc and after that you have to pay some more money to the developer to unlock the content. you will be able to unlock the same by simply feeding console command. Once you have completed with the same you will be able to play the content. Also you will be able to see dialog by simply turning on the Same.

DLC seems to be an essential part as far as video games are concerned. I am not having any issue whether DLC is already put on the Disc or I need to download the same whenever it gets released. If I am not wrong you had already paid for the DLC content with the game as well.

Personally I don’t recommend to purchase DLC pack for both gaming console or computers. If I am not wrong the DLC content is ripped-out content from game where you had begin.

I am not defending developer of the game. we know that the thing DLC allows you to get lots of extra stuffs. In fact DLC pack provides you lots of new extra that you can used to play with the game. I am sure about that they content developed so fine that it gets meld with main story. so it gets fit in the game as it should be there. however it does not mean that it should be initial part of the story. you will be able to purchase game and you are having all the things on the disc itself. In case game gets huge success than they should provide more expansions so that you can purchase the same if you wanted to play with it.

However in current video game industry they are making trailer, cut out some stuff and selling the same as a loose part. They keep main game separate and it should be working perfectly.

We were not having option for DLC in the past. In fact AddOns had to more content. it provides them around 5$ DLC.. right now I played around 30 hours of gaming with Risen 2. I would like to go for second play through with Voodoo and guns. There is no need to complain about addons. I don’t wanted to miss if any special thing with DLC pack. however if I got 40 hours of gameplay with Risen 2 without DLC then I would be really satisfied with the same. personally I am not able to figure out why people are supposed to complain about the DLC. I uses to purchase DLC in rare situation. I found very less DLC really interesting. I used to purchase very less game at the time of release. In DLC is getting activate through Console then it should be biggest issue according to me.

Mostly developers provides Pre order edition, Collector's edition and Standard Edition. Developer used to pray that one should get all the editions. I wanted to tell you that Lord of the Rings was good example about the same. first they release regular version of the game after that they would release special edition and so on. Even though they are aware of that people may not purchase all the editions as well. in case it get happens then they are going to get huge profit as many people are purchasing all the edition of the game. I found many people who are defending game makers as well as publishers to abusing customers. So developers know that there are some people who are doing defend their reprehensible practices. In case all the gamers starts boycott to releasing of the game then this particular thing wont happen anymore.

Actually DLC is not an addon by any mean rather than it should be done after release. I don’t think so the day 1 DLC could not be good enough if they are leaving content on disk. The developer of the game are simply cutting down all the content in number of parts and providing one after another so that they could earn well in the game. actually additional content should be provided after game development is completed. It gets out when they wanted to provide the same to developer of the game. in fact Day1 DLC are not having any potential and it does not show any regards to customers. We know that various games are having different type of development factors such as times, team sizes , scopes, budgets. However it should not affect the gamers.

Personally I am against to have all DLC content on the disc rather I would like to have them in terms of fragments only. Also DLC pack should not be overpriced at all. it does effects the selling of the pack as well. So the developers should take care of the thing that DLC pack are nicely developed and available at reasonable rates.