Thread: Combat patch for Risen 2: Dark Waters

Combat patch for Risen 2: Dark Waters

well I really loved to play RPG games. I played previous version of game and i had great time with the same. I was having lots of expectation in Risen 2. I noticed that combat system in Risen 2 was broken as compared to previous version. I don’t think so they were not focused to improve combat. Let me know whether they are planning to make any patch to overcome this particular issue. I am not going to play it until and unless they are going to release a patch. Apart from that they are lots of issue graphics and bug issue with the game. The developer should provide combat of modern times rather than that of old school. Let me know if you are having any useful comments on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Combat patch for Risen 2: Dark Waters

As far as I know the developer of game not having any planning to release any patch to fix combat issue. Well according to me Risen 2 should have combat system of Risen 1. It should be more meaningful for the same. I loved all the things apart from melee combat. Why I am saying because I really loved combat system of Risen 1. Though there are people who are saying that it was difficult enough and unforgiving. Hence it should be reason why people wanted to change the same.

I am thinking that Risen 2 system is same as that of Gothic I or Gothic II. Especially when you consider Action key, Up, Left, Right for combat moves. It should be better than that of thing which they have released in the game. However I am hoping that it should be patched by the developer quite easily. They should provide better option for pc version .

Well I don’t know if any player who are thinking that changes made in game is better or not. I wanted to appreciate developers to introducing some new features such as firearms, kicks, dirty tricks. Controls as well as gameplay seems to be disappointing for me. there is no fun with new system of the game. current system could be made better. To fix the issues with current combat system should be biggest issue fix for developers. I have noticed that most of creatures are spam attack on characters that you are having and it should permanently staggered. monsters are going to do spam attacks and there is nothing to do with the same. I had got basic parry and it was really difficult to work with the same against of human. I had not used the same against of monsters or animals. Parry and melee combat abilities are not available for training. They had provided increased damage, special attacks however they had forgot to provide basic thing in the game.

There is nothing to do with difficulty level. I do agree that game mechanics is broken. Dark Souls has great combat however it is difficult enough. I didn’t noticed combat physics, balance. The good combat system should have features such as balance, fluid precise controls. Also player would get the feeling that game is under control. Right now we are having terrible AI in which enemies are standing and watching attacks. Why because combat system is designed terrible. They did not provided stamina system so we did not require to think about spamming attack and no need to use strategy.

People are not able to understand entire thing. they are simply criticizing combat system since it is bit difficult. Also they are doing the same since Combat system seems to be incomplete. I am not going to complain at all. there are gamers who are looking to fight by using basic thing . they are not talking about difficulty.

Yesterday I was beaten badly by Sand Devil and I was not in the state to counter attack or escape as creature were having slow animation of attack. You will not get any difference when you are clicking mouse or keyboard quickly. I was able to counter only when Devil stopped attacking on me as he got bored. Even though he killed me even I equipped my character with skills and pirate. People who are wondering that combat system is same as that of Gothic 1 and 2 then it should beat the older version.

I would like to purchase game developed Piranha Bytes. I wanted to appreciate them for work the have done. I wanted to discuss about the thing which could make this game more better. I would like to install patch if the developer of the game could provide the same. however I am sure about that they will not release any patch in future. This particular game is not hack and slash game same as that of Dark Souls. Fighting is most important part of Risen 2. It is really frustrating to fight against of an animal. It was really frustrating Gothic 3. You will require to use all the kind of tactics so that you can beat monsters in the game and this particular thing making the game good enough. You will be able to separate and drag animal into populated area.

I do agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here. Risen 2 is not so better than that of Risen 1. Even it has bad combat system. it could be made better in my opinion. I don’t deny that Dark souls was best RPG ever made in past. It was action RPG rather than that of actual RPG. You are not going to expect anything like towns, conversations and story as well. it was a good game and combat system as well. Risen and Risen 2 are having great level design, atmosphere, characters. Only combat part is disappointing and I had discussed the same.

I am not talking about the difficulty settings and combat system should be having definite solution for all the problem irrespective of thing that it is difficult to achieve. System should not work on random luck that would kill or calculation of the players. In this particular game melee skills developed humanoid opponents and they are lacking the other fields.

Well I had great time with Risen 1 and it was having fair combat system. it lets you to figure out the outcome of fighting system . whereas in Risen 2 I need to do left click spamming as well as luck. It was really frustrating thing to do. you will not be able to avoid hits the enemies. You will be able to do better comrades that work for you. I am not able to figure out why they simply changed such a perfect combat system from Risen 1. melee combat is worst ever I noticed. Muskets and explosives are overpowered. I don’t think so they could more sell as game seems to be dump. You should make great game so that people could consider to purchase. There is no issue if its having more complex and unforgiving combat system. same thing was already done with Dark Souls.

Risen 1 was having same system which was used in older version of Gothic games. In those game you could explore the area but you could also get where to go. You will be able to level up quite quickly. you need to get a chance to fighting against of them. Risen 2 combat system was working flawlessly. Combat was based on spamming techniques, most of the game was in chapter 1 where as rest of the game were streamlined. There were lots of boss fighting. dodge and block option of Risen 1 made gameplay really easy. I used Blades, Cunning and Toughness with voodoo.