Thread: Stuck at "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" steam version

Stuck at "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" steam version

My system specification are as followed:
    • AMD phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor
    • 2x NVIDIA GTX 570's
    • Crosshair V formula motherboard
    • 1x SSD 80GB
    • 2x HDD 1TB

I have recently purchased Warlock: Master of the Arcane on steam and have installed the same as well but then the problem that I am facing is that when I am starting the game then it says "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" but then goes away after some seconds, I don’t know what is the issue all about as I my system meets the system requirement for this game as well:
    Minimum system requirements
    • Operating system: Windows vista, Windows 7
    • Processor: Dual Core CPU
    • Memory: 2 Gb
    • Hard disk space: 4 Gb
    • Video: GeForce GT240 512Mb or comparable
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    • DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out fixing this???

Re: Stuck at "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" steam version

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    1. What happens when the "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" goes away?? Does the system get’s freeze? Are you getting a black screen + doesn’t progress?
    2. Have you tried running the game in safe mode?
    3. Have you tried running the game with compatibility setting?
    4. Make sure that you are running the game as admin
    5. Have you tried checking out the integrity of the Steam files. Rightclick in library -> properties -> local files -> verify

Just check out these things and then let me know what you are getting, so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same as well. Just post back the result you get for further help.

I have tried out the suggested things and below is the response that I have got:
    1. Nothing happens when the "starting Warlock: Master of the Arcane" goes away, the system is not freezing and I am not getting a black screen + doesn’t progress.
    2. I have tried running the game in safemode but then I got the same response.
    3. I am running the game as admin and I don’t think it is making any difference if I am not running the game as admin as well.
    4. I have tried running the game with the compatibility setting but then id did not helped.
    5. I have checked out the integrity of the Steam files and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, I have tried out reinstalling it as well.

Is there anything else that I need to check out or is there any other solution that I can try out for fixing this issue?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I have checked about the same and I have found one facing the same issue but then he has mentioned that he was able to solve out the issue by just rebooting the system at that time and since then he has not faced the same issue again, even though I am not very sure about the same I think that you should give it a try and find out if it is actually making any difference or not, if that does not help then just upload the logs form C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\41271808\203630\local\logs along with the DxDiag.txt file, they can be a good source of information for tracking down the cause of the issue in your case but the I just wanted to add that don’t just copy and paste the log in your post directly better copy it in a notepad file and then upload it here, just provide with those two file if rebooting is not working out for you.

I think that he might be lucky with the rebooting solution but then I will like to inform you that I have tried out the same and it is not making any difference, I have tried out that several times reproducing the issue again and again but then I did not had any luck, I have checked out for the log file but then I have stored the steam in d drive in my case I tried following the D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\41271808\203630\local\logs but then the folder is not existing, I also wanted to know that where can I find out DxDiag.txt, I am not that aware of these things so please guide me through them, I really want to fix this issue as soon as possible. Please help!!

In that case you can try out searching for the subfolder in your D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\ having the below contents:
    • folder - default
    • folder - logs
    • file - current.xml
    • file - settings.xml.0

As far as the dxdiag.txt file is concerned you will have to run Direct X Diagnostic utility (dxdiag.exe) and for that you will have to first open the Direct X Diagnostic utility (dxdiag.exe) and then entering “dxdiag” without the quotes in the Search box and then hitting enter.
    Other than this you should also check out whether the below 3rd party tools are installed properly or not:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\warlock - master of the arcane\support
      dotNetFx35setup.exe
      vcredist_x86.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\warlock - master of the arcane\support\directx
      DXSETUP.exe

If they are not properly installed and if there is anything wrong with the same then better try out reinstalling them. Just check out this these things and then let me know what you are getting for further help.

I have checked out for the subfolders again and I still have not found them yet, I was able to get the DxDiag and I have uploaded the same below:
    Get the file from the desktop
    I have tried checking out the below three .exe programs
    • dotNetFx35setup.exe
    • vcredist_x86.exe
    • DXSETUP.exe

I have ran them as well but then one of them was not running as I am having Microsoft .NET framework 4, I have repaired all the three programs as well to be at the safer side but then even now when I am starting the game I am getting the same response so I don’t think that there is anything wrong with those programs, I am still not able to create the log as I have already mentioned that I am not able to find out the folder that you have mentioned above, I am really running out of patience now, is there anything that I need to check to narrow down the cause of this issue.