Thread: Adding Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter X Tekken

Adding Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter X Tekken

Street Fighter X Tekken is an good game for the fans of Street Fighter and Tekken. Every character from both, Street Fighter and Tekken has been brought back and that’s the main thing I liked. But one character that I am missing is a Dab Hibiki. He is the character who wears same clothes as Ryu but that of pink color and has fighting style of Ryu, Robert and Yuri. He had set of moves that were actually taunts. These taunts include moves like one where he stands up, another one where he crouches down, another short one where he keeps jumping and exclusive taunt where he uses his special moves, Roll Taunt. He was the most sarcastic player in the whole series and had the best dialogues in the series. Dan is one character that I really miss in this game from Street Fighter series. I think that developers should add Dan to this game by bringing up some patch or maybe a dlc. Does anyone else to miss him?

Re: Adding Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter X Tekken

Dan is already present in the game. Didn’t you notice in the tutorial mode that the training instructions and dialogues present in upper tabs. It is the Dan Hibiki itself, in the pink clothes and giving training. I know that the dialogues given to Dan Hibiki in this game are not as funny and sarcastic as before, which is sad for the Street Fighter fans.Other sad thing is that there is no 3D version of Dan Hibiki in Street Fighter X Tekken, but just some stupid 2D caricatures for the instructions panel. I too think that developers should introduce Dan Hibiki in 3D format in this game. No Street Fighter fan can play a Street Fighter game without Dan and his taunts.

I don’t think that a great character like Dan Hibiki deserves to be present in such a bad game. I have played all the games from both Street Fighter and Tekken series and this game, Street Fighter X Tekken is just worst out of all. Thank god, Dan Hibiki wasn’t added to this game and got him spoiled. Also if the developers had planned or had made Dan Hibiki available in this game, then they would have made him available in dlc. So to get the dlc, one would have needed to pay money. This would have generated outrage from the users who want to purchase the game. Again if Dan Hibiki was made available, then the developers would have needed to program keys for taunting. If this wasn’t possible, then some auto taunt gem would have been provided. To unlock it in the game, developers would have demanded more money. Again this would have caused outrage among the players for providing Dan Hibiki with auto taunt gem.
    So the conclusion is that, awesome character like Dan Hibiki is not suitable in this game. It is a good step taken by the developers to not have him in this game.

Dan Hibiki is actually present in Street Fighter X Tekken; let me tell you in detail.
    Dan Hibiki actually has the best and most power re-incarnation in this game as compared to any other character of the game. According to this game, he has stopped fighting like before and is training harder and for more time to fight and take revenge against Mishima and Sagat, who was responsible for his father’s death. He also has all his taunts as before and no changes have been made in it. According to this game, he is the most powerful character and almost unbeatable. This power that Dan Hibiki has acquired is due to his plethora being upgraded in Street Fighter 4 due o additional tools he acquires. According to gameplay, he now seems more serious and has darker shades in his behavior. But still sometimes you can find his funny behavior being present in this game too like in previous games. He still is funny, sarcastic and jolly personality, but his Siakyo art has become more powerful and serious.

In this game he uses a large number of moves. Due to this large amount of moves, it becomes unpredictable about which move he will use next. He is son powerful and dangerous in this game, which if any person new to street fighter encounters him, than chances of survival is very low. A very experienced Street Fighter player who has played against or by using Dan Hibiki might have a far better chance of survival against him. One must know almost all his moves to defend and survive against him. The damage inflicted by Dan Hibiki in this game is very high and once trapped in his offensive combos, there is least chance of survival. The movement speed of Dan is normal like any other character in this game, but the speed with which he dashes is extremely high and he can cover large distance in short time. The distance at which he jumps is also too high and one shouldn’t expect him to do his old short jumps to just scare the opponent. His looks are same as they were in Street Fighter 4, but in this game, his facial expressions give a feeling of him being the badass and show a negative feel around him.

If you think that I am just faking about Dan’s presence in this game, then let me tell you how to find him.
    Dan Hibiki is the ultimate final boss of this game. He will be seen as Shin Dan (Dandora) form. This form of Dan Hibiki is found when he is in arcade mode. To find him, one will need t complete this game in the hardest difficulty level provided in this game. Even in this, you must not lose a single fight against any opponent. One must not even lose a single fight even against the bosses. So once you have completed all the levels and finally defeated the Kanji which means ‘father’ in Japanese, Dan appears in glowing red on the screen. After this, a cut-scene with no opponent in the scene starts. After few seconds you can see Shin Dan in the scene with him back facing the camera. There will be ‘Kanji’ written on his back which also glows and then he says, “PREDICTABLE! I've been waiting for you! Now I'll stain my hands with your blood!” After this, Dan Hibiki takes the angry fighting stance and slams the ground to break the ice around him. This is where the fight starts.

Getting opportunity to fight against Dan Hibiki is one time opportunity. Once you lose against him you won’t get any option to continue the game from some specific start of the fight. You will need to start the game again from the beginning on hardest difficulty level. In no way can one acquire the playable mode of Shin Dan in Street Fighter X Tekken. If the developers decide to provide dlc for it, then it will be very good news for all Street Fighter fans. According to this game, Dan Hibiki has acquired the Shin form due to activation of Pandora. He has no team mate or tag partner. He doesn’t use taunt but instead uses teleporting powers like Akuma. All his moves are boosted and the difficulty of him is increased to the highest, higher than the highest difficulty level possible in this game. To add more difficulty, the total heath of Shin Dan is 2000. The usual fireballs used by Dan Hibiki in previous games have been replaced by Haoh Gadoukens which cover almost full screen and are almost impossible to evade unless they are launched in projectiles. When Shin Dan uses Shisso Buraiken, he becomes invincible till the last second of the power’s end. He will also use Otoko Michi to finish the opponent in one strike.

Finishing Shin Dan will unlock the achievement of ‘King of Fighters’ and also a new title will be unlocked by name ‘Streetest Fighter’. Also Shin Dan’s theme will be unlocked for normal matches. It can be switched according to user. If you look at the costume of Dan in this game, then it is also different from its previous part. He will have black wings, devil’s horns and complete white eyes and will be wearing karate pants with no shirt and black marks on his body. His forehead will have a read mark too. He will have broken steel chains wound around his body and also have claw.